Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2019, 09:51 AM   #1

What Oil

Hello,
What type of oil is everyone using? I have a Bull 200 on the way and T Force 125 already here. Currently have 10w30 in the T Force. I have seen 15w40 Shell Rotella suggested, listed as diesel oil though. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:02 AM   #2

That's correct, use 15w40 Shell Rotella T4 on the break in period and T6 full synthetic on the rest. Oil topics can start a Bar fight with preconceived notions of what is better. They're is good reason to distrust all the marketing hype but you're good with that Diesel engine formula in these old tech push rod motors.

The real reason is Diesel engines require severe ware additives that these old motors were designed to run on but now EPA... #@*&!! won't let the oil MFg use the stuff any more, We still can in Diesel motors for now.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 12-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #3

Oh no! You started an oil thread!

All of my bikes drink Rotella 15W40, since it's suitable for a wet clutch. I only ever buy it on sale. I wouldn't hesitate to use another brand.

My wife's 150 GY6 quad gets 10W30, since there is no wet clutch.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #4

Sorry didn't know it was a sensitive subject Probably one of many dumb questions I will ask while I learn about these.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:20 PM   #5

I can't complain about the Rotella 15W40 .... no issues.. works like it should. Get the big jug so you always have some on hand. On sale is even better.

Old 12-02-2019, 01:56 AM   #6

Wet Clutch

But the Bull doesn't have a wet clutch so why specifically use the T4 in the Bull? Or am I mistaken? I thought the JASO MA spec was for wet clutches, like the Rhino. The reason I bring it up is I'm breaking in a Bull and a Rhino and put T4 in the Rhino and regular ole 15W40 in the Bull.