Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2019, 10:54 PM   #46

WeldandGrind... Please see video below. Thanks brother!

Old 11-25-2019, 12:56 AM   #47

In addition to my last post. I just read somewhere that if I have the brake disconnected (which I do, u took the whole brake off the handlebars along with the 2 wires that go to the bottom of the brake assembly) that it won't do anything when pressing the start button. Does this sound accurate? Thanks again!

Old 11-25-2019, 01:38 AM   #48

I have a 2007 Kandi raptor 250 cc and I can't kind the stamp Vin does anyone now where is located ??

Old 11-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrod View Post
I have a 2007 Kandi raptor 250 cc and I can't kind the stamp Vin does anyone now where is located ??
Thread hijack much? Why would anyone be looking to answer your question while viewing a thread about a Roketa 110 with a specific issue?

And no, I do not know where it is. Usually along the bottom or front frame rail.

Some Chinese quads don't even have a VIN. My "Dragon 150" does not.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #50

You're now at square one; nothing would have worked before, since the key switch did not properly match the harness. Did you have an easy time re-pinning the connector?

I encourage you to work on one problem at a time, to avoid getting overwhelmed. Skip the headlight for now and focus on getting the engine to turn over. Yes, the brake switch must be connected (and must be functional) for the solenoid to engage. How old is your son? Would he require a safety switch like that? If he doesn't need it, you can bypass it.

To bypass the switch, cut the wires that lead from the connector to the brake switch; leave the connector in place. Twist the wires together, solder and heat-shrink them. If you don't wish to bypass it, measure the switch for continuity (with it unplugged from the harness). If it has continuity, plug it into the harness. Tell me if the starter spins when you turn the key and kill switch on and press the starter button.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-29-2019, 11:36 AM   #51

In my last post, I advised you to leave the brake switch connector in place and solder the wires together. The reason I said that is so that you can remove the connector and put it in your pocket if necessary. Maybe for security reasons or maybe because someone isn't following the rules. Point is, you'll have a way to disable it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-01-2019, 01:26 PM   #52

Where'd you go, brother? I'm emotionally invested in this and need closure.

Old 12-31-2019, 11:14 PM   #53

WeldanGrind... Sorry got caught up. But you single handedly made my son a very happy boy! Thank you so much for all your help and lessons. I'm now trying to hook up a aftermarket brake light. Let me know what your suggestion is. Please see video below. Thank you again brother! I appreciate everything you have done for me. Happy New year!

Last edited by Wheelie85; 01-01-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #54

Happy New Year!
Are you saying that you got the quad running in time for Christmas? I'd love to see video of your son riding it, if that's available.
It looks like you're trying to connect a running light. What would you like it to do? It has only one filament, so it could activate with the brakes or with the headlight, but not both.
Attach the alligator clip of a test light to the negative post on the battery. Turn the key on and touch the probe of the test light to each of the three wires in the connector. With each wire test, turn the headlight on and off and pull the brake lever on and off. You'll quickly figure out which wire of the three is activated by the brake lever and which is activated by the headlight. Connect whichever one you choose to the tail light wire and ground the lug with a clean bolt.