Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #1

Bashan BS200-S7 rear sprocket swap help?

Need a bit of advice on what exactly do I need to take apart to swap a rear sprocket on the said quad. From what I`ve read it`s the exact same bike as Comanche Cross 200, Fude Horner F200, Quadzilla sth...

Question is can I get the sprocket flange off the axel to the left or do I actually need to remove all the brake stuff, right hub and pull the entire axel through to the left? Little to no info available for these things in the net and I don`t have a service manual.

Thx in advance!

Old 01-04-2020, 04:46 PM   #2

Hello, anyone? There`s got to be at least someone that`s changed a rear sprocket to a 200cc RWD cross quad, they cannot be that different! I`m confident I can figure it out but would rather go in knowing what to do and save precious time and a lot of bother.

Old 01-04-2020, 07:41 PM   #3

Wish I could help. Not familiar with the brand. May post some pictures. Might be similar to other quads I know.
2022 Lifan KPX250
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-05-2020, 02:43 AM   #4

Yeah, I've done it on a couple of Honda ATVs, but I'd need to see some pictures.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #5

Right here's the sprocket side. No obvious locking rings or anything to hold the hub in place...

...whereas on the brake side there's this clamp thing that's clearly holding sth in place with threads under it. Looking like I'd need to explode the brake system and slide the entire axel out of the center hub.

Old 01-05-2020, 12:04 PM   #6

You will need to remove the hub on the sprocket side then remove the pipe sleeve that over the axle. The sprocket hub should come off after removing the pipe sleeve. The sprocket hub has splints in it.
2022 Lifan KPX250
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #7

Just out of curiosity, is the chain adjustment an eccentric adjustment via the rear axle carrier? If so, when you've got it apart, is check those bearings, and make sure that you grease the hub carrier assembly where it rotates for adjustment, I've seen them get frozen up from corrosion before.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #8

Yep, and apart from the brake carrier there isn't any obvious way to turn it either Guess you're right that it would be a good idea to explode the whole shebang just to inspect everything as I don't reckon those bearings will be too expensive to swap once I'm in there just to have the peace of mind if nothing else as I'll betcha that nipple hasn't seen a grease gun after leaving the factory.

Old 01-05-2020, 06:49 PM   #9

Ideally you wouldn't have to, but if necessary, you might be able to pump grease until something pops out! Did you loosen the pinch bolts/nuts on the carrier? Usually you loosen that, and perhaps, looking at it, you might be able to put something in the hole in the discs to turn it/or remove the disc and see what's behind it.

Old 01-05-2020, 07:22 PM   #10

Haven`t touched anything there yet as I was kinda hoping someone here had done it before. Once I get the garage cleanup finished and the new parts in gonna take it all apart and report with pics for the next one looking for the info.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:50 PM   #11

Right, since no one even here knows how to do this I took one for the team and dug in without prior knowledge. Here`s how to do it:

First you need to loosen the bolt on this pinch collar. Well, of course AFTER removing the chain first! Do NOT try removing it yet, first spray some penetrant like WD-40 down the slot to make it move freely after wiggling it back and forth, then spin it IN as far as it goes.

Doing this will reveal a lock-ring you need to remove first. After you get the ring out of the way spin the collar off.

In case you need to lock the axel in place the easiest wayto do this is to insert a bolt through the sprocket into one of the three holes in the eccentric axel hub.

ATTENTION!!! IF YOU`RE ABSOLUTELY CONFIDENT EVERYTHING ELSE IS IN ORDER AND YOU ONLY NEED TO REPLACE THE REAR SPROCKET SCROLL DOWN TO *** BUT I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU READ THROUGH!!!

Remove the two bolts holding the brake caliper onto the carrier and lift the caliper out of the way.

Now remove the cotter pin holding the right side hub nut in place, fetch your longest breaker bar as that puppy isn`t going anywhere with sweet nothings and pretty pleases, get the nut off and slide the wheel hub out. Now you can also slide off the lock-ring, pinch collar and the brake disc with it`s carrier (inspect the brake disc, mine was warped seven ways to hell and needs immediate replacing as do my brake pads and possibly also the brake caliper so inspect everything!!!) After you get the right side clean of stuff spin the nut back on so to not damage the threads, get a sizeable rubber mallet and whack the end until the axel slides out of the eccentric hub.

Also inspect your axel bearings, I found both of mine quite crunchy as well as the sprocket carrier seal to be deteriorated to the point of cracking into pieces. If you wanna make things quicker order these before taking anything out:

Bearing x2: 6907-RS or some equivalent that are sized 35x55x10mm. It´s a common deep groove ball bearing that should set you back about a tenner per side.

Rotary lip seal x1: sized 55x40x7. Mine was too far gone to get any markings out of it.

Now having read the entire post and having made the decision of ONLY replacing the rear sprocket you can ONLY spin the pinch collar in as far as it goes, dig out the locking ring from the right side (might even be possible to leave it in place) and give the axel a few hearty blows to slide it out about a centimeter or two, doing this allows the sprocket carrier to slide in revealing the locking ring under it. Now you can remove the LEFT wheel hub and get the sprocket carrier out WITHOUT removing the entire axel but I`d strongly recommend doing the whole lot as the quad is already up and the parts are both cheap and easy to swap.