Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #1

If you could do it over Tao bull or raptor?

Gonna be buying anther Tao soon, I have a 125 F1 now. If you have a bull or a Rapter now and could switch would you keep what you have ? Or switch? And why?

Old 01-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #2

I bought both (the Rhino for me and the Bull for my wife), and still haven't used them very much, but I think I'd go with the Bull. If the Bull had the bigger motor it would be a no brainer. I'm 300 plus# and the Bull doesn't look too small under my big ass nor does it under perform for the size of the motor. The Rhino is a pain in the ass to shift and it has a shorter wheel base. The Bull starts easier. The bull vibrates more than the Rhino during hard acceleration(probably from my weight). The Bull kind of purrs with no aftermarket exhaust but the Rhino still sounds okay. After I got both put together, I had that bit of regret for not getting two bulls. I did the Rhino sprocket upgrade, 11T and 41T, so my speed on the Rhino will be about the same as the Bull. I hope this helps.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #3

I debated over a rhino, a bull, and then the raptor came out. I’ve only had the raptor two weeks and I’m happy with my decision. My wife and kids can drive it easily. It’s fast enough for me. I haven’t really stomped on the gas yet as I’m breaking it in, but it seems like it’s got plenty of gusto. I like that it has zerk fittings, a trailer hitch, good led headlights, a skid plate, a foot rear brake, disc brakes all around, a remote off switch, and a fuel gauge and rpms on the speedo.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:21 PM   #4

I'm happy with my Bull so far but the extras that the Raptor has seem pretty nice. I almost switched and looked for a Raptor but the Bull checked off all my boxes. No regrets but if the had a Raptor here locally I probably would have bought that instead for the extra power, skid plate and trailer hitch. None of which I probably needed for what I do.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:34 AM   #5

After getting my Bull I checked out the Raptor.I would definitely go with the Raptor.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:27 AM   #6

I have 2 Bull 200 and 2 New T-force for my kids. They are just about to outgrow their T-force and I will roll them into my bulls next season and get new machines for me and the wife. I have thoroughly enjoyed the bull, but some things have been upgraded considerably from it to the raptor. I have a friend who is eyeing machines and he has settled on the raptor, and I agree with him. The gear box is better with less linkage, heavier metal frame, better swingarm, greasable bushings, better gauge, nicer racks etc... the list of upgrades is pretty substantial considering it's the same price that I paid for the bulls 2 years ago. However, I do wish they came with the aluminum wheels from the bull, those cheesy plastic rings are horrid and leaving them off isn't much of an improvement.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #7

Sparrow - any issues with your raptor so far or any modifications you had to do to it since initial put together? Or did you order it already built?

Old 03-10-2020, 02:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightning85 View Post
Sparrow - any issues with your raptor so far or any modifications you had to do to it since initial put together? Or did you order it already built?
I had a vibration noise up front that I had to track down. Took me forever to figure out. Pulled the front racks and saw that only one had a metal spacer between the rack and frame. The plastic body material was vibrating at higher speeds. Ordered them — needed 3 from PartsKitService. They screwed up my order but made it right. Just got the parts yesterday.

Also I had a vibration between the gas tank and the plastic body material where there was a gap. Put some sheet craft foam in there and solved the problem.

My speedometer has red blinking lights around the exterior while moving. Finally got an answer from Tao Tao that that is “just for decoration.” Initially a tech told me that was interference from my phone or WiFi.

I ride it about 1.5 miles every day or so and have put 65 miles on it without issue. I put it together from a crate shipment and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to put together. Took me about 45 minutes.

Old 03-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #9

So no issues with the Carb running too lean like in a lot of the chinese dirt bikes? Because I really don't want to do have to work on it out of the box if at all possible, I know maintenance is one thing but I'm already replacing the carb and jets on brand new Apollo Dirt Bike I got a few weeks ago.

You're making this tough! lol. Spend less than $2k on a brand new chinese ATV with some nice features or a used 2017 Can Am 250 for $3k.

Old 03-10-2020, 06:09 PM   #10

I’ve run it in 10 degrees and at 65 degrees. No carb problems. I adjusted the idle screw a turn and a half when it was 10 degrees so it would idle without dying. Screwed it back when it warmed up. There is a tach on the speedo so it’s easy to adjust the idle while watching what it does to rpms.

I got mine from Upzy.com and they treated me very well. Just make sure to check your junk mail box— my shipping notices went to the junk mailbox. Gave the delivery driver a 20 and he put took the crate up the driveway and in my garage.

Old 03-10-2020, 10:11 PM   #11

Welp, just ordered mine and used upzy. Thanks for the recommendation, was even 300 bucks cheaper from there than the site I was going to use!

Ordered the Blue! Matches my truck and dirt bike. What color did you go with?