Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2020, 11:58 AM   #16

If you double the resistor, it'll possibly have spark, but it can be too weak to light it up. I'd just put a new NGK plug in it, non-resistor of course.

Old 02-03-2020, 02:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
We had a small member group ride in Arizona in November. One member was on a TBR7 and started having starting issues when we stopped. It was revealed he did have the wrong spark plug but also, days later, since no one had the same kind to trade out and diagnose on the trail, the CDI was bad. It is a relatively cheap fix; ebay or amazon should have them. I believe I have seen that Tao bike owners (including scooters) have been diagnosing CDI units more so than others.
yup, a new CDI unit was what it took. I'd put about 500 miles on the bike before it exhibited the problem. replaced the CDI and no issues in the last 1K or so
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 02-04-2020, 09:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimolifam View Post
Well I have everything ready to go on the bike but cannot get it to start. The battery has a full charge, the light turns on. You hit the starter and it tries to start but it will not. It sounds like it is not getting any gas or the like. I did do a oil change and put new oil in. Any ideas? Spark plug looks good. The spacing looks good. I am at a lost.
Make sure the kickstand is up or the kickstand switch is disabled my apollo wouldn't start on the kickstand

Old 02-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #19

This is why I literally purchased a replacement \ 2nd carb in parallel to buying my TBR

To tinker, have spare parts, confirm when something is wrong that it isnt the carb ( which it often can be ).

Order a knock off mikuni from Amazon prime for $27 bucks and get it to your house in 2 days

Old 02-04-2020, 11:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
This is why I literally purchased a replacement \ 2nd carb in parallel to buying my TBR

To tinker, have spare parts, confirm when something is wrong that it isnt the carb ( which it often can be ).

Order a knock off mikuni from Amazon prime for $27 bucks and get it to your house in 2 days
Looking on Amazon right now for a carb and CDI. Just to have on hand if nothing else.

Old 02-05-2020, 03:46 AM   #21

Have you replaced the plug? Do that first, it'll be cheapest, and make sure you write down what you're doing, so you can keep track of what you've done/undone. Otherwise you're spending money chasing a problem that will hard to keep track of. Get the plug before the CDI.

Last edited by franque; 02-05-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:57 AM   #22

Also, make sure that the coil has a good, clean, unpainted ground.