Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #1

Hp and Torque differences with same engine..

I've been noticing spec differences in Hp & torque with the same engine in different bikes. IE : Brozz, Hawk, Storm, Enforcer etc. Some are quite significant, especially in torque ranging from 13 to 17.. That's a fair difference if true. I thought these were basically, if not exactly the same engines ?
I'm really into the new Brozz with the sandy beige color. That's one that the torque is down to 13, again, discouraging if true. On the other side I like the skid plate and the rear rack being standard issue.. Seems they can't make up their minds whether to make it more dirt oriented or lean it to a street bike. Most guys on here venture opinions that it's much more street happy. If that's the case why the skid plate ? Price went up $ 200 from the past years to a tick under $2K.. A 21 in the front, a 6 speed and 5 more hp and that could be a heck of a bike.. It'd be worth a couple hundred more if done right.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #2

The 17 is probably NM, and the 13 is ft-lbs. With how high these spin and still make power, 17 ft-lbs would be a completely different motor, if air cooled and still 2 valves, it'd be an animal.

Old 02-23-2020, 02:21 PM   #3

Even though the CG clones are all more or less alike, they do have variations in casting quality, compression, etc that can slightly affect their power. Having a counter balancer, for example, will alter the torque and horsepower delivery a tiny bit as well.

As a whole though, a typical CG clone will make around 15-16hp and 13-14ft-lbs out of the crate. All of the other numbers you see tend to be metric measures that are incorrectly labled, aka 11.5kw and 17nM as franque pointed out.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 02-24-2020, 05:42 PM   #4

I try to make our sites as American as possible...
Power numbers are in TQ and HP on our websites.
15HP and 13TQ.

The Brozz exhaust is double walled. The Motomax SS exhaust is single walled so in factory trim, the motomax might put down a hair more to the wheel.

Email: jeffreyp@peacesports.com
Phone: 770-662-1898 x107

Facebook: "Peace Sports"
IG: Peace_Sports_Atlanta
Youtube: "Peace Industry Group"