Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
it is amazing how someone keeps doing the same thing for a year or so... the tires leaking air problem needs to check to see if the leak is at the rim or tire... or air valve... new air valves work good and fix most problems... use the right ones for the hole size... and put a little grease on them when inserting them... so the roll and seal... the next part is little holes in the tires... if it is on the thread area... then usually slime will help.... if not use a plug for tubeless tires... or a tube... the tube just has to be close to the tire size to work.. you can buy them at a lot of places like PRINCESS AUTO... PEAVY MART... harbout freight … and most tire companies can order you one.. just use a little common sense.. wheather it is a Chinese atv… or Chinese tire... or a honda and other name brands.... a leak is a leak and the fix is the same...

It's not like it was 1 singular problem and I just kept putting air in 16 tires every day. One tire it was a problem with flashing from the tire mold in the bead, a month later it was a valve core I couldn't get to seat and come to find out the core was bad, a week later goat heads, 3 weeks later a cracked valve stem. The last straw was when I had a valve core that started leaking and I couldn't get it to stop, come to find out the threads inside the stem had a nick in them. You are correct that a leak is a leak is a leak and it doesn't matter what machine it is on, my point was that a little preperation can go a long way. Make no mistake about it, I knew I wasn't buying a $10k ATV and will happily buy more of these machines, but there are certainly some things that need a more predictive approach than a reactive approach.

2018 Tao Bull 200 red
2018 Tao Bull 200 green
2018 Tao New T-Force graffiti
2018 Tao New T-Force blue

Old 03-26-2020, 09:40 PM   #17

I put in new stems in each tire, did the soap/water around the rim during air up to get a better seal and behold, no leakage! Also put the max air pressure in the tires that they could take, let them sit for 15 minutes, then let air down to operational pressure.

Used some WD40 to remove old stem and some on new stem, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Thanks for the inputs!

Old 03-31-2020, 03:15 PM   #18

tire leaks

yes .. the valves case leaks sometimes... and the other thing is dirt or rust on the rim to the tire... clean it off good... wire brush... then put some grease on the rim or lip of the tire... so it can roll up nice and seal... inflate to max... 25 psi... to hlp seal and roll the tire lip to the rim... then let the air out... after a while... to the proper pressure... after that it is just holes or slow leaks... the slime helps with leaks in the TREAD PART... not the side.. that is when you put in a tube... anything close to the tire size.. to seal the side wall...