Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2020, 04:28 PM   #1

Apollo DB36 Deluxe Hub pictures/Info Request

Any Apollo DB36 Deluxe owners with the 17" wheels able to provide some info for the stock hubs?

Id like to research the requirements to swap them over to the standard 21/18 setup. Im looking for either close up pictures of the wheel hubs or any info on spoke count and swapping out to the larger size.

Anyone know of conversion-type sites that might guide you through the process? Im not certain im search the terms the right way, what ive found is not too helpful so far..

Hope everyone is staying healthy!

Old 04-05-2020, 02:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast250 View Post
Any Apollo DB36 Deluxe owners with the 17" wheels able to provide some info for the stock hubs?

Id like to research the requirements to swap them over to the standard 21/18 setup. Im looking for either close up pictures of the wheel hubs or any info on spoke count and swapping out to the larger size.

Anyone know of conversion-type sites that might guide you through the process? Im not certain im search the terms the right way, what ive found is not too helpful so far..

Hope everyone is staying healthy!
I have the same bike on order should be here this week and I was thinking about the same thing. I will definitely be following.

Old 04-05-2020, 05:26 PM   #3

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alollo Dean View Post
I have the same bike on order should be here this week and I was thinking about the same thing. I will definitely be following.
NICE! I look forward to the pictures! Im still debating - I like/prefer everything about the DB36, except the wheel size.

From what I understand, its fairly common to swap from 'supermoto' setup to 'dirt' setup - so spokes/rims are available. Im looking for the dimensions/spoke count on the stock hub.

They have the full wheel replacements on Orion's site ($189 each). Im curious if I can do it cheaper and end with a better result.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast250 View Post
NICE! I look forward to the pictures! Im still debating - I like/prefer everything about the DB36, except the wheel size.

From what I understand, its fairly common to swap from 'supermoto' setup to 'dirt' setup - so spokes/rims are available. Im looking for the dimensions/spoke count on the stock hub.

They have the full wheel replacements on Orion's site ($189 each). Im curious if I can do it cheaper and end with a better result.
Wow, that seems kind of steep! I'm not sure what's going on with my bike, I ordered it the 30th of March and have talked to Orion's 3 times the first 2 guys were kinda rude but the 3rd guy made up for it, super nice. I finally got an email yesterday from them saying it has shipped, I'm assuming to the 3rd party shipper so now I'm waiting, AGAIN!

Old 04-11-2020, 04:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alollo Dean View Post
Wow, that seems kind of steep! I'm not sure what's going on with my bike, I ordered it the 30th of March and have talked to Orion's 3 times the first 2 guys were kinda rude but the 3rd guy made up for it, super nice. I finally got an email yesterday from them saying it has shipped, I'm assuming to the 3rd party shipper so now I'm waiting, AGAIN!
Yep, thats why Id like to compare the stock hubs.

Can anyone give me measurements for the hubs on the Apollo?

Im torn between the BMS CRP and the Apollo DB36 DLX - I want the OHC engine AND the 21/19 setup - but I like the frame/suspension on the Apollo. Help! LOL! (I guess I could have worse things to ponder, lol)