Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2020, 02:50 PM   #76

Anyone know where you can find orions for sale? orionpowersport.com seems to be out of stock currently.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:58 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongu413 View Post
Anyone know where you can find orions for sale? orionpowersport.com seems to be out of stock currently.
Best thing to do would be to contact them and see when their next shipment is supposed to arrive. If Orion is out directly, then that's pretty much it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-31-2020, 08:47 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Best thing to do would be to contact them and see when their next shipment is supposed to arrive. If Orion is out directly, then that's pretty much it.
Emailed them and they mentioned won't be in stock until end of May ...now debating on whether I should wait for Orion or go for a tt250/hawk. I already have a rode bike so I'm looking more so for the off road experience. Is the orion that much more capable off road compared to the hawk/tt250 ?

Old 03-31-2020, 08:48 PM   #79

Also, just to note this will also be my first dualsport /offroad bike.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:03 PM   #80

Quote:
Is the orion that much more capable off road compared to the hawk/tt250 ?
Yes. It has better suspension than the Hawk or TT250 do as well as a few other upgrades. If I were buying one of these bikes for off road use on a budget, the RXB 250L would win hands down and I would have bought one over the Hawk if it had been available at the time.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:04 PM   #81

Quote:
Is the orion that much more capable off road compared to the hawk/tt250 ?
I believe, at least from the few members with the Orion reporting on them here, that it is a very capable dirt bike. But, I believe it is in the same boat as the Hawk. It is technically not EPA/DOT certified as an 'on-highway motorcycle' but rather EPA certified as 'off-road motorcycle'. Since most states plate dirt bikes that have street equipment (Hawks and the Orion do) and the MCO paperwork states 'motorcycle' you should be okay. But, just thought I would throw that out there. If you don't need such intense off-road capability (Pitster Pro offers a few off-road dual sports with the emphasis on 'dirt bike' I forgot to mention), the Hawk, TT, or one of the Bashans should do the trick.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-31-2020, 10:46 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Yes. It has better suspension than the Hawk or TT250 do as well as a few other upgrades. If I were buying one of these bikes for off road use on a budget, the RXB 250L would win hands down and I would have bought one over the Hawk if it had been available at the time.
hmm I think I'll be patient and wait until orions are back in stock Appreciate everyone's input.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #83

Found a slightly used orion 250L near me and will be going to check it out tomorrow. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be taking her home with me
2018 Ninja 400 ABS - sold
2015 Yamaha Bolt - sold

Old 04-17-2020, 05:51 PM   #84

Quote:
Found a slightly used orion 250L near me and will be going to check it out tomorrow. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be taking her home with me
Even better, get one at a savings. Hopefully it is a decent bike and not something they just abused and got tired of.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #85

Quote:
I'd be interested to hear why it's being sold, if you get the chance.

Old 04-18-2020, 04:12 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokoneer View Post
I'd be interested to hear why it's being sold, if you get the chance.
He said he wanted to sell it and get a street bike. From the photos it looks brand new but will take look in person tomorrow.

He’s also selling his 2017 wr250r with only 1900 miles.. so tempted but not sure if I wanted to spend that much right now.
2015 Yamaha Bolt - sold

Old 04-19-2020, 11:23 AM   #87

Took her home with me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2788.jpg (78.2 KB, 516 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2785.jpg (94.5 KB, 514 views)
2015 Yamaha Bolt - sold

Old 04-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #88

Fantastic! Looks great.

Quote:
Took her home with me
Fantastic!

I lucked out on my TT250 in the same way. It had 1000 miles on it and $600 of aftermarket goodies for $500 less than new, and I didn't have to deal with it being a virgin bike at the DMV.

Other than the typical nuts and bolts checking that everyone suggests, I would go thru and make sure the electrical harness and all of it's offshoots are routed correctly. In the process you may find other things (like the headlight assembly installed in-correctly).

I know this from experience with my RXB150L. The taillight wiring was pinched between the seat and frame. A simple re-routing out under the side plastics and back in solved the issue and that they had all of the connections hanging out under the fender.

The lower "bracket" on the headlight plastic (that the headlight mounts in) was upside down and didn't fit in the locating points on the front fender. Also, the headlight was not secured correctly into the plastic surround/mount.

The wiring was just balled up behind the headlight. I un-plugged everything, straightened it out and re-zip tied it so it all fit better.

If your turn signals or anything go out...it is likely the cheap connectors not being pushed in far enough to make a good contact.

Finally, I believe that this bike has an OHC engine, so accessing for valve adjustment is thru the two ports. Otherwise, the procedure is the same as for the OHV CG engine.

Have fun. Here is a photo of mine....just a "mini-me" version of yours!

Goob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front-1.jpg (57.3 KB, 516 views)

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 04-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #89

I have an Apollo DB36 Deluxe

just got it in Mar, its the RX250 but mine has 17 inch wheels, called the DB36 Deluxe, very supermoto style, I got mine from TXPowerSports, but I did buy spare parts (cables) from Orion

is the L model more dual purpose with a rack and such?

I am buying a CRF230L rack and sump guard from CRFSonly.com website and then getting a ralleye style windshield from Baja Designs

so far, with the street gearing, has 530 chain with 17 and 40 sprockets it will do 70 mph, I think it will run better once I put in the 6Sigma jet kit for the DB36 off of Ebay

I would like to start an Apollo thread, maybe I am the only one with one of these so far and its still a new bike on the market, makes OK power for a 250, not that much slower than my DRZ, just doesnt have the ooomph of a 400cc motor with more top end power

getting about 65 mpg so far on the first half tank, only holds 1.5 gallons so that is another question on the L model

must have missed this bike when I was checking them out, the DB36 Deluxe, mine is black, is a great looking bike

Old 04-19-2020, 06:34 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Fantastic!

I lucked out on my TT250 in the same way. It had 1000 miles on it and $600 of aftermarket goodies for $500 less than new, and I didn't have to deal with it being a virgin bike at the DMV.

Other than the typical nuts and bolts checking that everyone suggests, I would go thru and make sure the electrical harness and all of it's offshoots are routed correctly. In the process you may find other things (like the headlight assembly installed in-correctly).

I know this from experience with my RXB150L. The taillight wiring was pinched between the seat and frame. A simple re-routing out under the side plastics and back in solved the issue and that they had all of the connections hanging out under the fender.

The lower "bracket" on the headlight plastic (that the headlight mounts in) was upside down and didn't fit in the locating points on the front fender. Also, the headlight was not secured correctly into the plastic surround/mount.

The wiring was just balled up behind the headlight. I un-plugged everything, straightened it out and re-zip tied it so it all fit better.

If your turn signals or anything go out...it is likely the cheap connectors not being pushed in far enough to make a good contact.

Finally, I believe that this bike has an OHC engine, so accessing for valve adjustment is thru the two ports. Otherwise, the procedure is the same as for the OHV CG engine.

Have fun. Here is a photo of mine....just a "mini-me" version of yours!

Goob
Boy that looks like a fun bike...