Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2020, 11:03 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Tbr7 42 tooth rear

Hi all, I got my 42 tooth rear today, put it on (weird set up back there with the bolts) anyway, with the jets, and 17 tooth front,bike really came alive! Top speed in gears is dramatically extended. The torque band is more spread out through the revs it seems, with what seems to be MORE punch. First gear is still low enough for creeping along. I got 40mph in third gear😁. Bike is improving with the mods above and breaking in very well. I'm gonna leave it like this,(power train anyways). Next is nobbies and improved lighting.
Safe riding all.
Christopher

Old 05-01-2020, 03:17 AM   #2

Welcome to the reason us Hawk guys like the 17/45 on our bikes. Glad you like it
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-01-2020, 11:00 AM   #3

Chris - may I ask if you share a link on where you purchased the 42 sprocket.

And maybe a pic of the weird set up you mentioned.

Definitely want to do the same for my bike given I ride 99% street.

Old 05-01-2020, 01:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcj68chris@aol. View Post
Hi all, I got my 42 tooth rear today, put it on (weird set up back there with the bolts) anyway, with the jets, and 17 tooth front,bike really came alive! Top speed in gears is dramatically extended. The torque band is more spread out through the revs it seems, with what seems to be MORE punch. First gear is still low enough for creeping along. I got 40mph in third gear😁. Bike is improving with the mods above and breaking in very well. I'm gonna leave it like this,(power train anyways). Next is nobbies and improved lighting.
Safe riding all.
Christopher
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
Chris - may I ask if you share a link on where you purchased the 42 sprocket.

And maybe a pic of the weird set up you mentioned.

Definitely want to do the same for my bike given I ride 99% street.
... also please let us know what you use for nobbies/tires.

Did you do the Jet/Exhaust yet and the NGK iridium? that's another nice step up....

all about the Tao MotorsTBR7
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25553

Old 05-01-2020, 05:41 PM   #5

Hi all, king, stogie I haven't done an exhaust, or nobbies yet, only what I have mentioned. Can't take a pic of the rear sprocket setup on a tbr7, it's already back together it is not a (just bolt the sprocket to the hub). It goes like this... break the nuts loose while the bike is on the ground, in gear, wheel still attached tight! Those nuts are on very tight.
I used a 3.foot pipe to get them loose! REMEMBER, CHEEP CHINESE SOFT NUTS! Don't strip them. Then remove wheel assembly, the sprocket is held on to the wheel by a strong retaining clip. Use snap ring pliers! The sprocket will now come off the wheel. The studs that the sprocket goes on just SITS in the 4 holes in the hub, the sprocket bolts to the studs WITH the FLAT side facing out, the side of the sprocket that has a channel groove in it is to accept the SHOULDER of the pins to keep it from turning when you tightened the nuts to fasten the sprocket to the pins. The ONLY thing that actually hold the sprocket to the hub is the retaining clip. MOTOCHEEZE, and others have utube vid on doing it.
Don't damage the retaining clip, and make sure it is ALL the way in the groove in the hub that it fits into. Otherwise it will fail, sprocket,chain will come off......imagine that at 60 mph!
Safe riding
Christopher

Old 05-01-2020, 05:50 PM   #6

Ps. I got both my sprockets on Amazon.JTsprockets go to motocheez.com use his link he has under parts for tbr7- HAWK 250. (Same wheel) I don't have the parts number handy ill try to find the stuff my parts came in for numbers, I'm using the NGKDR8ea plug they
Sent me. Should we riders be using a resistor plug with a resistor cap?
Christopher
Sun came out on long island today, I'm going for a ride!

Old 05-01-2020, 05:55 PM   #7

Sweet..thanks buddy!