Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larky View Post
I agree that drilling would be just fine. I know these carbs are not a Swiss watch. I got too impatient to try the correct method of drilling and used a welding tip cleaning file. And you guessed it....too big. Now my jet is way over sized and is too rich. I ordered the jet kit suggested from eBay. But according to rocket tests I’m going to be stuck for longer than a few weeks. I should have done more research on these jets before I got stupid. One thought I had to get me by till they ship would be to solder the jet closed, then drill with the numbered drill. If my research is correct it would take a #78 drill bit to achieve a #42 jet. Let me know if you guys know otherwise.
Fill it with solder, epoxy or jb weld. Then redrill

Old 05-08-2020, 12:41 PM   #17

There are some tricks used to cobble together a "temporary" fix for oversized jets. Ofcourse the solder trick works great but can fill the entire hole causing the convergent and divergent areas of the nozzle to be filled.
Another solution is to find a thin copper wire and twist it around the outside and insert the end into the oraffice. This will work the same as having a smaller hole. Just be sure the wire is secured tightly to the body or it can fall out, also make sure the wire you inserted isn't too long to interfere with the needle on main jets.

Old 05-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket tests View Post
There are some tricks used to cobble together a "temporary" fix for oversized jets. Ofcourse the solder trick works great but can fill the entire hole causing the convergent and divergent areas of the nozzle to be filled.
Another solution is to find a thin copper wire and twist it around the outside and insert the end into the oraffice. This will work the same as having a smaller hole. Just be sure the wire is secured tightly to the body or it can fall out, also make sure the wire you inserted isn't too long to interfere with the needle on main jets.
Lo, thats exactly what I did! I am a little embarrassed to admit it though. I put the wire into the hole then brought it out the top and around to the side and then soldered it to the side of the exposed portion of the jet. Very Cobby indeed, but it’s not going anywhere and it runs ok. Just got back from an hour ride before the snow started......I hate New York!

Old 05-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #19

Tiz what were reduced to doing at the moment here in Merica. Snowing here in Pittsburgh now too.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:48 PM   #20

Why not just spend about $15 on a few jets?

Quote:
Lo, thats exactly what I did! I am a little embarrassed to admit it though. I put the wire into the hole then brought it out the top and around to the side and then soldered it to the side of the exposed portion of the jet. Very Cobby indeed, but it’s not going anywhere and it runs ok. Just got back from an hour ride before the snow started......I hate New York!
Why not just spend about $15 on a few jets? They are about $5 each plus $7 shipping. Is messing with drilling and filling really worth it?

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 05-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Why not just spend about $15 on a few jets? They are about $5 each plus $7 shipping. Is messing with drilling and filling really worth it?
You’re right, but this style of jet is difficult to find. They are not the traditional Keihin pilot jets.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:19 AM   #22

That is why I am telling you to contact Jetsrus.com

Quote:
You’re right, but this style of jet is difficult to find. They are not the traditional Keihin pilot jets.
That is why I am telling you to contact Jetsrus.com. I had exactly the same issue with my Mikuni VM26 Flange mount on the RXB150. Unless I wanted to buy some crappy jets on ebay and take my chances I was out of luck.

Sudco Carbs, who imports Mikunis, had never heard of this type of carb. They do not import them and offered no suggestions. Mike at Jetsrus said the same thing to start. But, once I got working with him via e-mail, I got exactly what I needed.

I also have done the same thing with a KOSO "30mm" flat slide carb that the PO put on my TT250. After some back and forth with Mike, we figured out is a Keihin PWK28 clone. But not just any PWK28...one that uses "round" main jets vs hex main jets like most PWK's. I now have all the Mains, Pilots, and gaskets I need to tune this.

Check out their page on Jets under Keihin and Mikuni and take a look at the various ones. Note what measurements to take (length, thread dia, etc) and make them. Take a photo. Send all this to Mike and work with him.

Here is for a PZ27...may be similar:

https://www.jetsrus.com/carburetor/c...arb_parts.html

For my Mikuni he found the N100.604 Main (M21) and the VM28/486 Pilot (M24):

https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_ca...-486_pilot.htm

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 05-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
That is why I am telling you to contact Jetsrus.com. I had exactly the same issue with my Mikuni VM26 Flange mount on the RXB150. Unless I wanted to buy some crappy jets on ebay and take my chances I was out of luck.

Sudco Carbs, who imports Mikunis, had never heard of this type of carb. They do not import them and offered no suggestions. Mike at Jetsrus said the same thing to start. But, once I got working with him via e-mail, I got exactly what I needed.

I also have done the same thing with a KOSO "30mm" flat slide carb that the PO put on my TT250. After some back and forth with Mike, we figured out is a Keihin PWK28 clone. But not just any PWK28...one that uses "round" main jets vs hex main jets like most PWK's. I now have all the Mains, Pilots, and gaskets I need to tune this.

Check out their page on Jets under Keihin and Mikuni and take a look at the various ones. Note what measurements to take (length, thread dia, etc) and make them. Take a photo. Send all this to Mike and work with him.

Here is for a PZ27...may be similar:

For my Mikuni he found the N100.604 Main (M21) and the VM28/486 Pilot (M24):

https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_ca...-486_pilot.htm
Funny thing is, a lot of this information is already floating around all over this site. I have posted those jet numbers more times than I can remember.

same with the PWK jets.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #24

Yeeeaaah. I dont think thats the hangup. We all have that info. Just don't try to actually order them and expect them to come in a reasonable amount of time. Jetsrus.com may have them, they may not, still doesn't help because eventually the ones I ordered will get here and I have no need for 2 sets. Just never expected them to take this long, if i knew that from the beginning, then I never would've ordered them from anywhere else.

Just don't want a repeat of the 4 sets of 17tooth sprockets I ordered. I tried a different avenue each week until one just happened to be supplied here in america, 2 sets are still somewhere in route despite being ordered in march. Or the digital speedo I ordered from NZ from a member here, its been stuck at the origin post for 7 weeks still waiting to be loaded on a boat. I'm all for buying from members here and I can't fault him for the things out of his control but I would've looked elsewhere had I origionally known the order would be sitting under a pile of building postage for months before it would ever even start making its way to my mailbox.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:57 PM   #25

about Apollo DB36 carb

I have a new Apollo DB36 Deluxe with the Zongshen 223cc motor, the manual says it has a PZ30 carb

I ordered a jet kit from 6Sigma off of Ebay, it comes with pretty good directions but not exactly accurate on the exhaust mod included in the carb modification directions

The bike runs OK but looses steam on top at about 65mph and does stutter on occasion

the jet kit says it should fix these issues and I have watched quite of few of the YouTube vids, I saw the vids by Motocheez and that is how I found this awesome website, just not much info yet on the Apollo bikes

I am going to do the carb mods on Tuesday and hope it helps with the fueling, especially on topend as driving on Texas roads where everyone is doing 80 is just not safe on a bike that only does 65 to 70 mph

There are a lot of carbs on Ebay as far as PZ30 and VM30 replacements, I would be OK to just find a true Mikuni pumper carb, or atleast the one I saw had a accelerator "pump" on it with the air filter on it as well, seem like some neat kits from Nibbie and Mikuni and most seem to have the dual cable setup, one for the throttle and one for the cable choke

If anyone has bought any of these setups and know they work without a lot of problems please let me know.. thx

Old 05-10-2020, 11:15 AM   #26

Posted before....yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Funny thing is, a lot of this information is already floating around all over this site. I have posted those jet numbers more times than I can remember.

same with the PWK jets.
Megadan...yes, I just saw an old post of yours (today) and I have posted about 3 times. I guess it depends on if you read everything (like I try to do) or are good at searching.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 05-10-2020, 11:16 AM   #27

I have always gotten mine in 2 days...

Quote:
Yeeeaaah. I dont think thats the hangup. We all have that info. Just don't try to actually order them and expect them to come in a reasonable amount of time. Jetsrus.com may have them, they may not, still doesn't help because eventually the ones I ordered will get here and I have no need for 2 sets. Just never expected them to take this long, if i knew that from the beginning, then I never would've ordered them from anywhere else.

Just don't want a repeat of the 4 sets of 17tooth sprockets I ordered. I tried a different avenue each week until one just happened to be supplied here in america, 2 sets are still somewhere in route despite being ordered in march. Or the digital speedo I ordered from NZ from a member here, its been stuck at the origin post for 7 weeks still waiting to be loaded on a boat. I'm all for buying from members here and I can't fault him for the things out of his control but I would've looked elsewhere had I origionally known the order would be sitting under a pile of building postage for months before it would ever even start making its way to my mailbox.
I have ordered from jetsrus 4 times and have always gotten mine in 2 days.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 05-10-2020, 12:03 PM   #28

I have placed an order for a set on eBay last week. If they don’t show shipped on Tuesday I will cancel the order and contact jets-r-us. I have looked over jets-r-us’
Web site and cannot find the jets I need. But I will take the advice given and email him with photos of the jets set against a ruler for size verification. I have also read that this carb can be altered to accept keihin pilot jets. But I will save that approach for a last ditch effort before buying a new carb.

Old 05-10-2020, 12:07 PM   #29

Goob I will give you a benefit of a doubt and assume you read post #24 but miscomprehended what the point was. To clarify or reinforce my intended point I only ask that you ask one thing...Would you place an order thru jetsrus.com even thou you have a previous order in route from another supplier? Would you buy them knowing that you will inevitably end up with a spare set which is useless to you?

Old 05-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #30

Nope

Quote:
Goob I will give you a benefit of a doubt and assume you read post #24 but miscomprehended what the point was. To clarify or reinforce my intended point I only ask that you ask one thing...Would you place an order thru jetsrus.com even thou you have a previous order in route from another supplier? Would you buy them knowing that you will inevitably end up with a spare set which is useless to you?
Nope. I'd try the ones on order when they arrive.

But, if you ever need more or for a different carb I would go with them because you aren't going to have to wait for weeks and you will get the right ones the first time.

Orion RXB 150XL