Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Well said Dan! I will just add a picture on the point. This the stem bearing on a new Hellcat I took apart a week ago.
I will make sure to check that.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:03 PM   #17

You know what really, really sucks ??? the bike is supposed to be here by 10:45 in the morning and as soon as it is unloaded I have to rush to work.

Tomorrow is going to be a painfully long day.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:25 PM   #18

At least she's waiting for you when you get home. Did you go with the Tan or Green?

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 05-13-2020, 05:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
At least she's waiting for you when you get home. Did you go with the Tan or Green?
If I had a choice I would have ordered the tan but all that is available right now is the green and I have been shopping a couple of months so I wasn't worried enough about it to wait until june or july, like I told Jeff if I can't learn to like it I'll either paint it or buy plastics, they aren't terribly expensive. I think once he gets the tan in stock he wont move the green real fast but who knows.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #20

Take lots of pictures, I haven't seen much of the green. I do like the beefy rack and the tires on her look nice and aggressive. The Chinese rubber on my TT250 has held up surprising good. Hopefully the knobbies perform as good as they look on the dirt.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 05-13-2020, 07:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
Take lots of pictures, I haven't seen much of the green. I do like the beefy rack and the tires on her look nice and aggressive. The Chinese rubber on my TT250 has held up surprising good. Hopefully the knobbies perform as good as they look on the dirt.
Pictures are gonna be a pain, I am using a chromebook and since I got it I haven't done anything but surf and watch videos. I don't even log in, I browse as a guest so it will dump all the cookies and history every time I shut down. I will take pics and figure it out though but be patient with me I ain't to tech savy, I don't even own a cell phone.

The tires are what decided it between the Brozz and Recon, I even considered buying the Brozz and just changing the tires out but figured that I would be money ahead to wait a week or two. I hope these hold up, I haven't changed a cycle tire in a loooooonnnnngggg time and I don't have any pleasant memories of it. Tubes are high on the list but I want to enjoy it a little first.

Old 05-14-2020, 01:42 PM   #22

well she made it home!! very little damage to the box and while I didn't have time to do a white glove I did open it up and give it a once over and so far so good. I'll get some pics tonight and try to figure out how to post them. I was pleasantly surprised that the green looks better in person, I still like the tan but I can learn to love it. My daughter has brother in law who is a trooper and he lives close by so I am hoping to have him verify the vin and mileage tonight or tomorrow and turn the paper work in via drop box and with any luck have a tag by the end of next week. I have my oil and went ahead and bought feeler gauges so now I will have spares when the ones I ordered come in so tonight If I get home in time I will get started.
Question, do I need to run the engine before I adjust the valves or can I go ahead and do that first?

Thanks.

Old 05-14-2020, 01:52 PM   #23

Adjust the valves first. You want the engine to be completely cold (ambient temperature) when checking them. If you've run it more than 30 second, let it cool off for a couple of hours. But, just don't run it until you've checked your valves.

Old 05-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #24

You can run the engine without, but I would do them first while the engine is still stone cold. It's the best time to do said valve adjustments.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-14-2020, 09:03 PM   #25

Thanks fellas, I will probably set the valve lash before I start assembly then. I found out this afternoon I have a insurance inspector showing up on Monday so I may not get started until Sunday now because Saturday will probably be spent putting up new handrails on my redneck engineered handicap ramp and taking down an abandoned pool.

I just got off of the phone with my trooper neighbor and he is coming at 5 tomorrow afternoon so I should be able to have the paper work in the drop box at the county tax collectors office Saturday morning, hopefully they will review it Monday and call me with a Monday or Tuesday appointment to come in and pay them and get the tag and title.