Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2020, 01:24 PM   #1

Lifan X-Pect Issues

So I recently acquired a Lifan Xpect. It’s been a great bike, put about 750 miles on it and have had a blast (most of the miles have been me riding on the street now that I got a permit.) Got it for a good deal too. I got the bike at a shop, they even did multiple checkups and tunes, and claimed to adjust the valves. Now onto the problem... the problem im facing is that the bike seems to sputter, or lose power occasionally as well as be very difficult to start. I tried contacting the dealer and they said that i need to adjust the fuel/air mixture on the fuel injection... i tried doing this and nothing helped. Seems like when i let the screw out, it start easier but sputter much more. The screw more in, it would barely start and stall extremely easily. The bike is also throwing on a check engine light. I suspect they didnt do the valves correctly or perhaps my fuel injector isn’t adjusted correctly. Any ideas?

Old 06-07-2020, 03:45 PM   #2

I just bought one of these to, every problem with these always seems to be the valves. Start there, do it your self or have someone you trust do it. There is another guy not long ago same issues around the same miles , he didnt think it could be the vales but in the end it was. Lucky for you he made a thread of the whole expireance and how he corrected it. here is the link https://chinariders.raptorrefuge.com...d.php?p=334656 please be sure to let us know how it went . And stop fucking with that screw.

Last edited by bored stiff; 06-07-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #3

What you should do is call them and tell them that THEY should fix the air/fuel ratio. Even more if they done a "check up" and "adjusted" the valves.
The motorcycle is new and it should be working fine without issues.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored stiff View Post
I just bought one of these to, every problem with these always seems to be the valves. Start there, do it your self or have someone you trust do it. There is another guy not long ago same issues around the same miles , he didnt think it could be the vales but in the end it was. Lucky for you he made a thread of the whole expireance and how he corrected it. here is the link https://chinariders.raptorrefuge.com...d.php?p=334656 please be sure to let us know how it went . And stop fucking with that screw.
I fixed the valves myself. They were tight as hell. Clearly the people who worked on my bike lied to me. Shout out to Sui-Cycle in Nampa Idaho, they gave me a good deal on the bike (2k, no tax, fully assembled plus helmet gloves and protaper bars) but they lied about my valves being done, couldnt even get a .03mm in the exhaust or intake.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
What you should do is call them and tell them that THEY should fix the air/fuel ratio. Even more if they done a "check up" and "adjusted" the valves.
The motorcycle is new and it should be working fine without issues.
Yeah I ended up fixing the bike myself. Those guys at Sui Cycle in Nampa Idaho lied about the valves being done.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:27 PM   #6

Thats great ,good luck with it.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:09 AM   #7

Mine never sputtered, but yup, the valves were about closed. Adjusted and it runs great now other than making a noise I've still yet to track down.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #8

Did you ever check the tank like I suggested in another thread?

Old 06-13-2020, 10:37 AM   #9

Landshark , I need to see this thead ,how can I find it

Old 06-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #10

It is entirely possible that they did set your valves to spec, which for the Xpect is .06mm. During the initial break in period you would be amazed at how quickly that .06mm gap will disappear in just a couple hundred miles as the valve and seat mate together and the stem experiences initial stretching. I set my valve gap purposefully wide during break in for that reason, and I still have to re-adjust them within the first 500 miles.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-15-2020, 07:39 AM   #11

My xpect had this mysterious vibration/rattle that I could not track down. Finally figured out it was a tube in the gas tank that was vibrating against the tank wall. I took a long screwdriver and ever so slightly moved the tube away from the tank wall. No more noise for me. This may have been unique to my xpect, but I thought I would share just in case. Sure felt good to get rid of that noise.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:24 PM   #12

If anyone can tell me which size fuel injector I need for my life and X pad do sport I would very much appreciate it. If I have tried to order it twice I've spent over $300 to try to get just a few injectors and have yet to receive it

Old 07-22-2021, 07:11 AM   #13

Megadan this makes since,will be adjusting mine today. 700 mile and no problems ,just thinking it need to be set. Thanks