Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to GY_Racing
There has to be other reputable sellers besides vbike.. Does anyone have a Komoto or did everyone on here just buy the cheaper version to save $200 bucks? I just don't want to end up getting ripped off again and having to post about how I got ripped off a second time, I don't think I could handle getting ripped off again anyway :x I already have some friends laughing at me telling me that's what I deserve for buying a china bike I don't need another incident on my new one.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #17

Ask Komoto?

If not heres the site

http://www.komoto-motors.com/support.php

Old 05-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #18

thanks. Id like to see if anyone on here has had experience with specific dealers. I can't be the first one on here to buy one.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #19

Just take a chance and buy from a unkown dealer, whats the worst that could happen?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #20

The same company where culcune found the 200cc Hi-Bird lists the Komoto 250:

http://www.anamcycles.com/product.ph...cat=276&page=1

A few members have bought from these folks. Don't remember who it was, but IIRC they didn't have any serious problems.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaoffroader
The same company where culcune found the 200cc Hi-Bird lists the Komoto 250:

http://www.anamcycles.com/product.ph...cat=276&page=1

A few members have bought from these folks. Don't remember who it was, but IIRC they didn't have any serious problems.
thank you.. I may take the big leap with them.. nothing serious huh? Well if I order a black bike and they send me a yellow bike to me that is "serious" but to some it might not be. I am not about to go spray painting my bike!!

Old 05-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GY_Racing
im not a hillbilly

You know, I really, really take offence when that word (hillbilly) is used in the manner that you just used it. You should find another way to make your point.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:27 AM   #23

Agreed. :evil:

Old 05-14-2008, 02:37 AM   #24

I'm from North Alabama and I'm not a hillbilly either but you can call me one all you want I really don't care

Old 05-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #25

Editing and deleting from a thread tends to make a mess of things (Unless its very nasty and offensive then it goes ASAP-with a PM'ed warning IMO)

You could just post/ask/remind for it to be kept on topic and PM the offenders to reiterate it.

I'll be watching for your PM to me.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #26

I am frustrated. I will remove my post. I will not speak of it again.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #27

GY,

If I recall you are in CT? Just be sure if you want the bike to be street legal..... You find out how they will fill out the MSO.. Let us know what happens with the Anamcycles site.. looks like they are in the same town as Vbikes.

Sorry I cant help you with any other sites for Komoto bikes.

As far as high end stuff.. sounds like alot of propaganda.

Any avid experienced dirt rider, prefers rear drums (More braking power, less problems) inverted forks collect dust and dirt early and age prematurely developing leaks. Most of what you mentioned is fluff.. and while I respect Tim dont forget the profit motive. Not to mention these are Chinese Bikes.... If you want high end and can truly afford high end go for a jap bike. You won't have registration issues.. High end in Chinese bikes is a matter of perception. Just hope you get a bike that was not built the day after the Chinese New Year.

Best of Luck keep us posted..

NET

Old 05-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #28

thanks for your response and your concern. I may not have made this clear enough the last couple times, I will try again. I have been riding both quads and dirt bikes for more then 8 years. I have had many different bikes and quads 2 and 4 stroke exc. My mind is made up on what type of bike I want and what equipment I expect. I H A T E drum brakes as well as most all of my friends. I hate the feel of them I hate the look of them, I hate the constant adjusting of them, I hate everything about them. There is a reason they don't use them anymore and haven't for quite some time now. They still use them on some cheaper offroad vehicles like blasters and some 4x4 quads to save money but even on cheaper vehicles they are phasing out. There is many reasons why they use disk now and all the higher performance bikes have them including top of the line race bikes. I know all about both old drums and newer disks and no one is going to change my mind. I have experienced both & I will NEVER buy a bike with all drum again no way no how. I also like new style inverted forks. I do not care if the seals need to be replaced more or not, I like the look and feel of them. They are on all top of the line race bikes as well with good reason. By reading the forums I have noticed users love for older technology and even older styling. That is not my taste and it never will be until maybe I get old and they switch from disk brakes to something different I may prefer disk because I grew up with them like many of you migh have grown up with drum. My grandfather only likes drum because thats what he grew up with and the only one he knows how to work on. My guess is most people on here are a bit older then I am. I am 24 and around here I am one of the older riders on the trials. Most people riding are kids 10-19 with a few exceptions.

I like new technology and performance. I like speed instead of cruising and making noise. No one is going to change my mind. We may have different preferences but I don't see why that would be a problem. Can people please stop trying to convince me that the old stuff is better?

thanks, and again this is not a mean tone.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #29

I have to say that i did do the weighout in the differences in both the Komoto and the HI-BIRDS when i was looking at buying our bikes and the older fork design and the rear drum brake did have a factor on my decision in my purchase....the speedo didnt because i knew that ther was no way i would be trying to do 120 mph on my Birds. Also was thinking of parts availability and the yamaha dealer that i'm closest to said he would be able to help me get the parts i would need in order to keep our bikes roud and trail worthy no matter which style i went with but that the older forks and drum brakes would be cheaper to find in the long scheme of things.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #30

I like the standard forks and actually looked for china bikes with them just because of them being a china bike I didnt want to have to go searching for fork seals the first few months we had ours.

The rear brakes didnt matter to me as much since I have ridden bikes with drum brakes and I know their downside but overall they work well also.
Drums being mechanical rather than hydraulic means simple reliability.

The rear disc brakes are on ours and only add that more modern look but in the end drum or disc work well as long as they are maintained.