Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #1

Question Tbr fork brace?

Hi all. I have a 2020 tbr7. And although I have some aggressive knobby tires on it front and rear. On deeper sand, this bike is horrible!. Its like trying to ride a Harley wideglide through a foot of snow! (I never tried that, but you get the idea) Now I grew up on LONG ISLAND I grew up with dirtbikes I grew up in sand. Worst bike in sand by far! Ive even had the "pleasure" of riding a 1972 Suzuki TM 400 off-road in sand. If your not familiar with this bike,Google "worst" DIRT bike ever lol. Rest of my Tbr7 riding is great, no complaints. The forks on this bike are "thin", I can flex them by holding the front tire and moving the handle bars, they flex alot. Ive seen some fork brace mods done on here, but no word on improving stability in sand. So before I spend 60-145$ on this .025¢ worth of steel that I have to. Tweeek a lil ,does anybody have any feedback on this? I know this isnt. A 1999 cr 250. And it never will be. This fork flex is the only thing I can think o,f I dont expect miracles just a bike that will go somewhere near where I point it.
Thanks all
Safe riding
Christopher

Old 07-12-2020, 05:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcj68chris@aol. View Post
Hi all. I have a 2020 tbr7. And although I have some aggressive knobby tires on it front and rear. On deeper sand, this bike is horrible!. Its like trying to ride a Harley wideglide through a foot of snow! (I never tried that, but you get the idea) Now I grew up on LONG ISLAND I grew up with dirtbikes I grew up in sand. Worst bike in sand by far! Ive even had the "pleasure" of riding a 1972 Suzuki TM 400 off-road in sand. If your not familiar with this bike,Google "worst" DIRT bike ever lol. Rest of my Tbr7 riding is great, no complaints. The forks on this bike are "thin", I can flex them by holding the front tire and moving the handle bars, they flex alot. Ive seen some fork brace mods done on here, but no word on improving stability in sand. So before I spend 60-145$ on this .025¢ worth of steel that I have to. Tweeek a lil ,does anybody have any feedback on this? I know this isnt. A 1999 cr 250. And it never will be. This fork flex is the only thing I can think o,f I dont expect miracles just a bike that will go somewhere near where I point it.
Thanks all
Safe riding
Christopher
I can't comment on the improvement in riding in sand, but for everything else it's a well worthwhile mod. My braking performance is now outstanding instead of being very unstable bordering on dangerous when grabbing a handful of front brake
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 07-12-2020, 05:07 PM   #3

What tire pressures are you using for sand ?

Old 07-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #4

Hi bruces, hi all. Thanks for getting back to me soon. Ive gone down to 18 p.s.I. for rocky,deep sand and I tried it with 27p.s.I. to minimize knobby roll on the roads getting to the sand, no difference in the sand. higher p.s.I. on the street helps a lot with the knobby roll. This front tire is a soft compound tire.
I can easily flex the nobbies with 2 fingers even at higher pressure. I remember my 1980 Suzuki DS 250 trail bike was sooo. Much better in sand. Tbr7 is like riding with a 80l.b girl sitting on the tank! Forks gotta be some of the problem.
Thanks
Christopher

Old 07-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #5

Try them around 11 pounds in sand

Old 07-12-2020, 05:50 PM   #6

Hi. I was thinking to try that, however 18p.s.I. on the street is similar to a flat tire. I dont have an air pump to air up after sand riding. Just not practical. Have to ride on pavement to get to the sand.😀

Old 07-12-2020, 06:06 PM   #7

sounds like you don’t get to ride in the sand until you figure out how to air up your tires .