Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larky View Post
I’m having trouble finding a set of pilot jets for a pz30 carb that’s on my tbr7.
Any suggestions? I thought I read that it can be drilled out to accept a standard keihin pilot jet. Let me know what you guys do to tune these carbs.
Thanks
I looked through my jets. I have an extra pilot jet # 40 "cold start type" if you want it. PM me your address and I will mail it to you.

Old 05-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #32

Thanks china rider 27. I just received an email from mike at Jets-R-Us and he said he can’t get these types of jets. So I’ll wait longer on my order from eBay. I’ll keep you guys updated on the progress of finding these unicorn teeth.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:11 PM   #33

Quote:
Thanks china rider 27. I just received an email from mike at Jets-R-Us and he said he can’t get these types of jets. So I’ll wait longer on my order from eBay. I’ll keep you guys updated on the progress of finding these unicorn teeth.
I am sending a package to the USA with 2 digital speedometer n I gave the guy some Hawk pilot jets - Maybe I should add in more to send to you?

Old 09-08-2020, 05:17 AM   #34

Quote:
Didn’t work, so I’ll try again to post a picture. The jet I need is the one on the top
Were you able to find these jets?

Old 09-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzabie View Post
Were you able to find these jets?
Unfortunately....no. What I did do was took my keihin jets to work and had my machinist buddy chuck them into a lathe and mill the end off. I experienced poor performance after install, so I then put a small o-ring down inside the jet tube area. I figured it was pulling gas pass the threads of the jet. It seemed to help.

Now in the street section of China riders I found a thread About these jets, where a guy removed the brass part below the jet in the jet tube. I didn’t get that far. I figured my fix was good enough till I replaced the whole carb.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:56 PM   #36

Did you try these pilot jets? The jets are concave at the end to help for a seal.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32261794843.html

On normal jets the pilot has a brass tube that can be taken out to clean the holes. On the pz30 carb I wonder if the tube is permanently pressed into the carb body and if it get clogged.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:18 PM   #37

Quote:
Unfortunately....no. What I did do was took my keihin jets to work and had my machinist buddy chuck them into a lathe and mill the end off. I experienced poor performance after install, so I then put a small o-ring down inside the jet tube area. I figured it was pulling gas pass the threads of the jet. It seemed to help.

Now in the street section of China riders I found a thread About these jets, where a guy removed the brass part below the jet in the jet tube. I didn’t get that far. I figured my fix was good enough till I replaced the whole carb.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
I search for the thread but could not find it. Would you please help direct me.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:42 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzabie View Post
I search for the thread but could not find it. Would you please help direct me.
https://www.chinariders.net/showthre...ighlight=Pilot

The 5th photo down shows what it looks like if you remove both the jet and the brass piece below it.

I wonder if you could remove both pieces, and simply install a genuine keihin jet and walk away a hero?

If you could seal the threads, that’s all that should matter. It’s the size of the hole in the center of the jet that does the metering.

Hope this at least helped a little.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:17 PM   #39

2020 Bashan Storm carb- it is a "YouALL PZ30"

I pulled the main and pilot jets. They were exactly the same size as motocheez found in his Brozz 250. Main is a 105 and the primary (pilot) is a 34.

Name:  OEMjets-small.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  184.2 KB

Motocheez checked the air mix screw and found it 3 turns out. As he mentions in the video, it suggests that the pilot jet is a bit small. I checked my airmix screw and it was 3 and a half turns!

I just opened up the exhaust on my Bashan Storm and about to open up the airbox...So I would like to get a 35 or 36 pilot jet. I inspected the business end (submerged in gasoline) of the pilot jet, and it is a tiny orifice. I am not about to attempt to drill to spec! I'd love to see a picture of a successfully and precisely matched pilot jet that was drilled to spec and see a video of the engine running after the mod! I don't think so! A drill bit is a crude device. Jet pores are clean and straight (and accurate).
Of course, it might be easier with a main jet

But seriously... Any leads on a PZ30 pilot jet source would be useful. If you have one, please do tell. I am looking.

BTW- After you cut a slot in the screws and remove the float bowl, the replacement screws are M4 x 16mm, 0.7pitch

Last edited by Thumper; 01-22-2022 at 11:24 PM.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:22 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
Actually, Motocheez doesn't list any pilot jet links

BUT I have a theory about this I am working on. Ordered some main/pilot jets and will explore the possibility of using a different Keihin jet style. Another one week delay, minimum. So I will work on the airbox!

Here is the lead...
https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...16&postcount=1

Yes, the pilot jets in the "YouALL" PZ30 are two piece:

Name:  TWOpiecePilotJet.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  143.6 KB

Last edited by Thumper; 04-15-2022 at 09:21 AM.