Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2020, 10:24 AM   #1

Hi From North Texas - New Tbr7 Owner

Hi from North Texas, I've been lurking here for awhile while I was waiting for my tbr7 from Q9, but after months of waiting, I gave up and picked up one from TxPowersports.
Per everyone's suggestion here I loctited every nut and bolt. Most were already tight. I adjusted the valves (they were just a little tight but not bad). About the only two quality issues I could tell was the washer/shim that holds the brake pedal was too large, the headlight didn't work due to bad soldering, and the most annoying was the front tire that wasn't round. I tried rebeading it a couple times and finally gave up and put a Shinko knobby on the front and a Dunlop knobby on back while it was there.
Otherwise I've swapped carbs, added a pro-circuit t-4, and went up from the stock 12t 530 sprocket to a 13t. I don't think a 14t will fit. Aside from being underpowered, it is great for exploring back roads and mild trail riding.
My next couple mods
will be replacing the way too soft rear shock/spring with a 1200lb eBay unit and maybe some different handlebars with some a little wider with less pullback so I'm not back so far on the seat with my long arms.
Overall I'm impressed with the quality of the little bike. I've named her "Lucille" as it rhymes with "loose wheel". Lol
I hope to meet up with some you in the area.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Last edited by TxTaoRider; 10-26-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #2

Welcome to here! The Tao TBR7 has been proving to not only be the best bargain Chinese dual-sport, but also comes with built-in gremlins to remind you of its Chinese origins

I actually do believe the recent gremlins on the brands across the board are from post-COVID manufacturing issues since pre-COVID it seemed the bikes hardly had any out-of-the-box issues (like Chinese manufacturers were finally nailing quality control).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard