Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2021, 08:10 PM   #1

Hawk 250 Assembly Checklist

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, though I've been reading for a while.

I was getting a new Hawk 250!!! Part of the excitement has been the anticipation of assembling it. I have watched many assembly videos and have also read the resource guide here and have decided to put together a list of my own.

Here is a google doc of the list so far:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

A lot of this also applies to the Brozz 250 as well, check every nut and bolt, grease everything that need be. With the Brozz you definitely want to grab some new bars, a good chain, and a folding shift lever, preferably one that will bend before breaking or cracking your engine.

I hope this can become a great resource for Hawk 250 Owners. I would like to make this something for people to print out and keep with their bike.

Thanks everyone!

~Chris

Shout Out to my china rider youtube inspirations:
MotoCheez, Jack of All Master of None, OddBallPerformance, Goodol'boys

Last edited by idle_purr; 02-28-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle_purr View Post

Shout Out to my china rider youtube inspirations:
OddBallPerformance

Most of the assembly I can agree with - aside from the WD-40 at least Some proper spray lubricant is better. WD-40 isn't a very good lubricant. I would also include changing the fork oil and filling with the proper amount (165ml min.) as well as cleaning the brake rotors and pads off with brake parts cleaner and bleeding the brakes.

Other disagreement is the valve adjustment for two reasons.
1. the Warm up method is not one I am a fan of. Lash should be set with the engine cold (sat for several hours or longer).

2. The gaps are way too big. For initial assembly/break in set the lash on both valves to .07mm (or .003" if you don't have a metric set). After break in, set to .05mm/.002" for the least noise and best performance, Or keep them set at .003" for longer service intervals at the expense of a bit more valve noise.

Only other point of contention I have is the Mikuni clone jetting suggestion. If it is a proper VM26 clone and uses Mikuni jets, on an otherwise stock bike at average lower altitude (1000-4000ft) most bikes will run the best with a 25 pilot jet and 105 main jet with the needle in the 3rd or 4th notch. Also, idle mixture should start set at 1.5 turns out from lightly seated. People at sea level may need to bump the pilot or main jets up a half step or so, but as always, all jetting needs to be dialed in by the end user, there is no 100% perfect combo for everybody.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 02-12-2021, 12:29 AM   #3

Thank you brother, I made some updates to the list.

I appreciate all of your videos and resources you've posted. It's been a big help in answering the many questions that arise while researching.

I am about 500ft above sea level here in NY

Last edited by idle_purr; 02-28-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Tags
hawk 250, hawk assembly