Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #1

wildfire 200 dualsport?? Anyone know who makes these??

I have seen these before but who makes them? Lifan? Hi-bird. I seen one for 900.00 local, and i might try to buy it, its brand new.

Appreciate the help

Old 05-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
A google search turns up a bunch of reviews of this guy on other boards.great price but then it looks like bad on warrenty and even worse on communication.His ebay reviews(there have been quite a few under different business names)have been improving lately,but not enough for me to trust him.Also there have been a lot of problems getting his bikes and scooters registured in some states.If it's already registured in your state and you can do withoutsupportor service,it's an ok deal.

I believe a lot of his stuff is rebranded lifans or copies of lifans.This is common with the Chinese.No originality but they can reverse engineer and copy anything.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Mavrick
Next time you get a chance to look at the bike, look for the manufacturing sticker/metal tag thing. It should tell you what the make is.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #4

Wildfire,
hahahahahahahahahahaha LMAO!!! STAY AWAY! unless you don't care about support after the sale at all.
There are two large Drop-ship Hosers / So called Dealers in Ohio. One being Wildfire and the other being RAKATAK. STAY AWAY!
Otherwise... Good Luck.
Wildfire has so many e~Bay user names it would make your head spin!!!
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #5

Just spend a little more than $900 for a Hi-Bird 200 from
www.anamcycles.com

$1,100 +/- and that includes shipping.

Those "real" American Lifan's are $300+ more expensive, and their own authorized dealers have been having trouble getting parts.

Or just wait until shipping from China gets back to normal after the big earthquake they just had, and get a 250 Hi-Bird. They(Hi-Bird dealers) all seem to have sold out of the 250's since American Lifan started their new parts agenda/marketing tactics.

Not having a warranty isn't very funny Bruce.

But it's not been much of an issue for Hi-Bird owners, just the AL owners worry about it.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #6

Tip:
Search EVERY dealer's name in the "dealer discussion" forum BEFORE you buy.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #7

I think he's involved a little too much with AL--they like to laugh and humiliate customers and potential customers.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune

I think he's involved a little too much with AL--they like to laugh and humiliate customers and potential customers.
Where did this come from? 8O

Old 05-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune

Where did this come from? 8O
It's from one of Porterz/GY_Racing's threads about them supposedly laughing at him when he tried to talk to them after buying his GY-2 from ATVD.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Actually it was one individual he cold not name.He said the other person he spoke to did not do that.Don't believe i would put much faith in what Porterz says.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #11

I think bruce has earned enough respect, And I will never take Porterz word over his :roll: . But back to the topic at hand which seems to be avoid buying that bike and search out a more common brand with more support.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #12

If someone wants a cheap a$$ China bike w/no frills, no warranty or dealer support "So What". These bikes are all about cheap, that is the main attraction. There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a bike via the so called demon of 'drop shipping'. There are not very many dealers so shipping is the only way most people can get their bike......

The Wildfire is just like all the other China bikes being sold. There is so little difference between it and the other GY bikes that they might as well all be cousins.

If it were me I'd go the extra $200 and try to get the Hi-Bird. It seems to be the bike of choice these days (last year it was AF), but for $900 your not going to be risking much even if worse case scenario you have something break. It also sounds like China bikes might be hard to get this summer because of the earthquake, who knows?

Good luck with whatever you choose.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 05-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
I think bruce has earned enough respect, And I will never take Porterz word over his :roll: .
I was just joking, and should have put a in my post--gosh, some people here are just too serious :x :x :x :x

:wink:

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #14

I think dual sports in general are going to be hard to get this summer. With the price of gas most bikes are selling fast.

And I though that seemed out of charector for You Culcune..That's why I asked.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
Wildfire,
hahahahahahahahahahaha LMAO!!! STAY AWAY! unless you don't care about support after the sale at all.
There are two large Drop-ship Hosers / So called Dealers in Ohio. One being Wildfire and the other being RAKATAK. STAY AWAY!
Otherwise... Good Luck.
Wildfire has so many e~Bay user names it would make your head spin!!!
Can nobody else see this? Or is it just my computer that shows an AL dealer "laughing his ass off" about not having AL dealer support, then calling drop-shippers "hosers". Jeesh, maybe a friendly PM would attract business better than scathing ridicule of another possible course of action.
Maybe the Rakatak guy has cleaned-up his act, or the problems are due to Ohio laws. Jeesh.

Sorry Silverman1, this has gotten away from your request.

Check local DMV regulations about registration carefully. Ohio has some strange laws. A dealer located in Ohio HAS to assemble the bike and have an actual storefront. Otherwise no dice. That Bruce guy is a "legit" dealer and located in Ohio. But if you buy a bike from out-of-state, have it shipped to your house, and assemble it the rest of the way yourself, you shouldn't have any trouble with registration. I imagine it's a way to try and promote or better regulate taxes collected in Ohio.

But again, search any dealer's name in this site and see all the responses and opinions about each one BEFORE you buy. And Porterz(yes he's a jerk) but his bike was actually brought into this country by AL, but because he didn't buy it from "them", they wouldn't honor any warranty. But hey, I'm not trying to get you to buy anything from me, so what do I know. Any warranty promised to you by anybody is subject to change without any notice. AL could pack-up and go out of business in six months, cars are their main focus now. Then what will that higher price tag get you? It's buyer beware with almost all of these Chinese bikes.

If you like how it looks, fits your budget, and aren't afraid of getting your hands dirty on occasion, buy it. If you intend to ride it on the streets, look into it a little more beforehand, the DMV might even help point you in a safe direction too. There's plenty of choices out there, and more coming.