Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post
There is a section of that that I'd be able to ride with you.
A couple main jets and a small screwdriver to adjust the idle mixture and maybe change the needle position and it should be good.
Yaa, maybe get carb has good access to the main jet. Space and weight will be at premium. There's one! Surely more for adventure!

Old 03-08-2021, 11:17 PM   #47

I picked up my csc tt250 from azua rode to texas.

i've done texas to las crucues too.

Thoughts;
the ride
its like riding a bicycle on the the highway, if you haven't done it let me tell you... its not fun. you average 50mph and the wind can be brutal/dangerous....watch your gas too.

the ride was really stable otherwise, the stock tires on the csc tt250 really do well on wet pavement, gravel, rocks and dirt. they're predictable.

stock chain was a huge mistake and waste of sprockets. The stock chain will only shift smoothy if well lubed and perfectly adjusted. the oring chain is necessary.

support
none except from online/csc. no store will help you. I couldn't find a set of rims that fit.
carry spare:
- axle nuts

reliability
stock tubes and tires were incredibly resilient, which was a surprise.
The bike takes a beating, with a set of bark busters the handle bars are extremely resilient to bending. the rear lights are protected by the csc rear rack/rear handles. the position of the tank/engine head are tucked in and it seems pretty hard for a drop to smack either.

I would do a long journey with a china bike again in latin america/mexico
where there is support/mechanics willing to help. I'm not above doing my own work, but I currently carry a 25LB+ tool bag and waiting on parts might not be an option due to work schedules.

can china bikes do long trips

yes they can and yes they already do.

the hawk 250/csc tt250 is sold all over s.america/central.

these bikes are more than capable to do long journeys with weight. just not a speed that would make US travel fun.

everything tigit motors says about the CRF250L is exactly how I feel about the CSC TT250.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:34 PM   #48
Banned

I rode a 229cc taotao-equipped, street legal 1985 Honda 200x ATC from Phoenix AZ to Kearney Nebraska in 5 days. About 1300 miles total traveled.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:55 PM   #49

Frecuent 200 miles round trip 2 times a month on road, plus 100 miles of weekly ride from-work.

Currently the bike frame has 65,XXX km on third engine, now a 166FMM ohc engine.

The longer i traveled was 350 miles round trip once. Not very confortable, but having patience was a nice ride. Engine speed speeds never reached past 6500 rpm, which is like with my 16-46 sprocket kit and 130-80-18 rear tyre like 57 mph.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:58 AM   #50

I've done Truckee CA to Bozeman MT on my 250 Brozz. 843 total miles and only stopped for gas. Not a single issue other than top speed on the interstate. These motors seem close to bulletproof. Literally WOT the entire trip which seems like where these motors want to be.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:10 PM   #51

Just hit 4000 miles on my 2019 Hawk and the longest ride was just over 200 miles in one day. Occasionally commute to work on it, 110 miles round trip, but have to leave a half hour earlier to avoid interstates. My biggest problem with long rides is mental, I have that tiny bit of distrust of the reliability in the back of my mind. The bike has yet to let me down other than a flat front tire on the way to work last week. Coincidentally found out that it will track fine at 55 with a flat front (20 miles) but low speed and cornering a little wonky.