Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2021, 06:15 PM   #1

Right side of engine smells like burning clothes

So I’ve recently taken of my carb and my engine seems to get really hot and the right side of the engine smells like clothes are burning and also my engine seems to get abnormally hot and the engine doesn’t like idling with the choke on but when it’s running if the choke isn’t on the engine sputters when I change gears and it won’t rev as it should what could be causing this because it didn’t do this before I took the carb off

Old 03-17-2021, 06:50 PM   #2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0SH122 View Post
So I’ve recently taken of my carb and my engine seems to get really hot and the right side of the engine smells like clothes are burning and also my engine seems to get abnormally hot and the engine doesn’t like idling with the choke on but when it’s running if the choke isn’t on the engine sputters when I change gears and it won’t rev as it should what could be causing this because it didn’t do this before I took the carb off
Air leak, causing it to run lean.

Get some starter flyid and spray it around the intake gasket and carb mating area with the bike running. It will surge. You need to install the carb so it seals.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:04 PM   #3

Ok thanks I suspect it’s the air filter boot because when I was installing it the boot seemed to have stretched

Old 03-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #4

He's saying it's where the carb mates with the engine. The air filter doesn't come into play since its supposed to provide all air.