Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2021, 03:32 AM   #1

Smile New X-PRO Hawk 250cc (carb) In AZ

Hello again and thanks for this awesome place for information.

Just some ordering background: I placed my order at 1:30am on the 3rd and it was picked up from the warehouse by the shipper (Estes) on the 6th. Strange thing is the estimated delivery date is the 16th. A far cry from 3-4 days per their (PowersportsMax.com) website. I figured I'd have it this week...oh well.

I did get all the cheesy free stuff (cover, blue tooth speaker, & cell holder) but it was still 3 bills cheaper than Amazon at $1,499.95. Anyone else get the free goodies and if so what's the quality of those items?

I have a question about the carb upgrade. Has anyone installed a 34mm carb? I see that's what is recommended for a 250cc but I have only seen 30mm upgrades on here. Interested to know if this is a viable option or just not doable.

Old 04-07-2021, 06:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by irbob7 View Post
Hello again and thanks for this awesome place for information.

Just some ordering background: I placed my order at 1:30am on the 3rd and it was picked up from the warehouse by the shipper (Estes) on the 6th. Strange thing is the estimated delivery date is the 16th. A far cry from 3-4 days per their (PowersportsMax.com) website. I figured I'd have it this week...oh well.

I did get all the cheesy free stuff (cover, blue tooth speaker, & cell holder) but it was still 3 bills cheaper than Amazon at $1,499.95. Anyone else get the free goodies and if so what's the quality of those items?

I have a question about the carb upgrade. Has anyone installed a 34mm carb? I see that's what is recommended for a 250cc but I have only seen 30mm upgrades on here. Interested to know if this is a viable option or just not doable.
Being 229cc's aside, and 2 valves with a single lobe cam in the engine case shoving pushrods around, these CG engine clones aren't exactly known for their high efficiency in regards to engine breathing. A 30mm smooth bore carb on a CG250 is actually way more carb than the engine can use.

CCW built up a CG250 once with extremely high compression and a custom cam for high RPM power and made 23hp at the tire at 9300rpm with a 32mm mikuni. Keep in mind this is an all out top speed salt flats bike build. A 32mm flat slide mikuni wouldn't make a great street carb, nor would that particular motor be a good street engine.

Even my bike, with some head porting and a cam (though less aggressive than theirs by far) just barely taps into a 30mm smoothbore. I actually went back to a PZ30 style carburetor because I got tired of constantly having to adjust the thing every time nature passed gas and the weather changed.

Truth is, the PZ30/VM26 style carbs are a good match to these engines. Want to wake it up a bit more, a PE28 PWK28 is actually a better match. My 2 cents, instead of chasing little bits of power with a carb upgrade spend your money on a ported head, ignition advance key for the flywheel, and free up the exhaust system. Pair those mods with a PZ30B and you will have a snappy, torquey, fun to ride machine. Plus will get a lot more bang for your buck that way in terms of actual performance.

Pair those above mods with a WGK cam like mine and you end up with one heck of a torque monster in the mid range with decent top end. That's essentially what my bike is, and even with my big ass in the seat, and relatively tall gearing, it pulls me along with ease. I don't find myself needing to wring my bikes neck to ride around and keep up with traffic at all. If I do, it has no problem squatting the suspension a bit under acceleration in the lower gears.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-07-2021, 11:29 AM   #3

What part of northern Arizona are you at? I'm just south of Prescott, as you know, there are some great mountain roads (paved and unpaved) around us. Good luck with your new bike, my RPS 250 Hawk showed up yesterday after a couple of weeks shipping wait. Now the fun begins!

Old 04-07-2021, 12:25 PM   #4

My last two recient orders from powersport Max were each placed on a Sunday evening and I took delivery the following Thursday. The first one was a Lifan KPR 200 which I have for sale and a hawk EFI. Each was delivered to me super fast by RL carriers which I'm very happy with.
Anybody looking for a deal on a lifan kpr 200 with 2 miles let me know. I'll be listing for 2K.

Old 04-07-2021, 05:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Tom View Post
What part of northern Arizona are you at? I'm just south of Prescott, as you know, there are some great mountain roads (paved and unpaved) around us. Good luck with your new bike, my RPS 250 Hawk showed up yesterday after a couple of weeks shipping wait. Now the fun begins!

I'm up by Flagstaff. There are a ton of trails I can't wait to explore. Congrats on your bike.

Old 04-07-2021, 05:14 PM   #6

So the delivery company just sent me a text that said the earliest ill be getting my bike is the 19th. Grrrr...this is not acceptable.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:03 AM   #7

Talked to Estes today about the ETA they gave me. Come to find out the Hawk was shipped out of TX instead of CA. So now it has landed in CA where it should have shipped out of and is on it's way to Phoenix. I was told I'd get it allot sooner thank the 19th so we'll see what happens.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:28 AM   #8

Both of my bikes purchased from Powersportsmax shipped out of Carrollton TX.