Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2021, 03:02 PM   #1

Roketa DB-05

Hi everyone, I have been on this forum for about 6 months, but not an official member. So now I am I wanted to share my China bike with you all. It's a Roketa DB-05 I bought it in 2007, I think the China bike stuff was just kicking off back then or close to it. I bought this from Ontario California for $1400 shipped from GoldenVale company, it's a Lifan bike 200cc 163FML engine. I was surprised after seeing the new Hawk how good the quality is on mine. I haven't rode this thing since 2008 and it only has 1500 miles on it now. It has gone through a large face lift as you can see in the pics. The one with the Roketa name across it is how mine looked when I got it. I had all the plastics painted white before, but this year my first year riding it again I changed to black. I still need to touch up the rear fender around the seat, but it kind of matches the top Front head light. It has the PZ30 Keihin copy carb which had screws on the bowl and no plug on the Mixture screw. The exhaust I just removed the pea shooter tip and it's just as loud as the aftermarket Honda exhaust you guys put on the Hawk, maybe louder, It only has two baffle plates inside each with 3, 1/2" (approx) holes in each plate. It came with 13/45 sprockets on it and a 520 chain 108 link, which would top it out about 50mph. I have changed it to a 12/35 which gave it about an 18% increase and will now do 60mph but is screaming. I trail ride and ride the back roads where I live so I am normally doing only about 40ish normally on large open dirt roads. The engine is supposed to be rated according to my owners manual 14HP and 9.5Ft lbs of torque at close to 8K rpm. It has a dry weight rating of 220lbs!!! and 31" seat height. That has also been changed to 34" now as I was rebuilding it this year found out the rear shock lost all the oil so I had to replace it but that can be on another thread if anyone is interested. I also replaced the front clutch and brake lever as I have dumped this over on trails in the mountains about 4 times, bars never bent and it did not have the hand gaurds on it then that are in the pics. It also has full linkage rear suspension on the bottom shock holder. 17mm axles front and rear with 21" front and 18" rear wheels, both with dual piston disc brakes. It also has the exact Cush drive rear wheel as the Hawk, parts matching. And the swing arm is the one everybody want's to upgrade there Brozz to, it has the flat plate mounting area for the rear axle, but on mine the shock mount is underneath, with the dog bone linkage. The pictures show the Kenda 244 on it they are a 50/50 tire which just got changed out to Kenda 760's front and rear 90/10 and still DOT legal. The 244's made me feel like I was on ice and scared me on some deep loose gravel. The 760's are night and day difference and are amazing tires. Front headlight is now an H4 series LED and is the Polisport Halo series with matching Polisport LED tail light, LED turn signals off Amazon they are only 2" long and very bright though. 2.5 Gallon tank, it gets about 60MPG. Electric and Kick start. AGM battery which is under the seat. It also now has a Harley Davidson Sportster luggage rack on the back to hold my travel bag, I can post pics of this but need to take them still. It's been a great bike never had one problem with it besides the speedo it was an all in one unit with the light indicators but when I took it out this year about 3 miles in to it the speedometer started squeeling like a dry bearing so loud. Well I have since removed it and installed a Garmin Nuvi GPS with a holder/cover that is mounted to the handle bars, it's nice It has Trip/Speedo,Elevation, maps, max speed. The trip meter on it goes to 1000 miles so when I get there I will write it down to keep track of mileage. I did add a Powered USB port up where the speedo used to be. Anyway guys, sorry for the long read, just wanted to share my bike as she is an oldie but a goodie still..Take care and look forward in meeting you all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USER1610.JPG (172.4 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg USER1614.JPG (193.1 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg USER1611.JPG (152.7 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg Rocketa DB-05.jpg (34.3 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg USER1613.JPG (178.6 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by BgSkyRider; 04-22-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:24 PM   #2

Welcome aboard! Bike looks great for the age.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-22-2021, 03:55 PM   #3

Thanks! Yes, last time it ran was in 2008! Work, life, ect happened and just didn't ride, Crazy, but feels good to be riding again. I have been riding bikes since I was 12yo, and now 50 and still loving it. Never thought I would by a Chinese bike back then, before that I had a Yamaha TTR-250, Kawi Kx-250 just to name a few of the dirt bikes. My first bike was an 80's Honda XL175, Wish I still had that one!