Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2021, 05:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericap615 View Post
Hey, I’m new to the forum but I sense a pattern here. It seems the 2021 models when chosen not assembled are a lot more technically involved. (This forum has been a blessing btw) . I’m wondering how to jack the body up to put in the shock bolt? It’s my first bike build so please take it easy. I’m writing on this post because I also would like to know what all the nuts and bolts are for. I have most of the bike together, but I want to make sure it’s correct.
I used straps and the engine hoist that I used to unload the crate from my pickup.
A floor jack works but is a bit unstable. You might need someone to hold on to the bike so it doesn’t lay down.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #17

Just joined and am assembling the 2021 TBR7 now. Anyone know which nuts hold on the speedometer assembly? Are there washers too? It is more apart than other builds I've watched. It's like playing tetris to see what fits where.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:54 PM   #18

Hope this helps.. been designing the tbr7.com site and made a whole section dedicated to assembly. Let me know if I can add anything to help people out: https://tbr7.com/assembly/

Old 10-23-2021, 09:42 PM   #19

Thanks for the excellent assembly link montalvo and thank you adb1779 for starting this thread. Both have been a God send to me. I thought the large bolt on the C tray had to be for the shock and I knew the front wheel needed a large spacer on the brake side but it sure is confusing that that large spacer's on there. Did the hawks and TBR7s always come without the shock bolts attached. The dealership videos don't even touch on that or much of nothing.

Old 11-25-2021, 08:13 PM   #20

Shock bolts out just for shipping,makes it much lower .

Old 02-18-2022, 12:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkay44 View Post
Thanks for the excellent assembly link montalvo and thank you adb1779 for starting this thread. Both have been a God send to me. I thought the large bolt on the C tray had to be for the shock and I knew the front wheel needed a large spacer on the brake side but it sure is confusing that that large spacer's on there. Did the hawks and TBR7s always come without the shock bolts attached. The dealership videos don't even touch on that or much of nothing.
I believe they switched over one year as I have seen some that came with rear shock assembled. The assembly guides for these bikes were barley covering the basics, that's why we created the tbr7.com site with much more info and all in one place.