Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2021, 10:05 PM   #1

Hello from Michigan

Received my new Hawk DLX today and got it all assembled. I am surprised at the quality of such an inexpensive bike. Shipping caused a couple issues but whatever. One reflector was shattered and the horn is inoperative but other than that its all good. Ordered it on the 12th and received it today. Runs and drives well. I don't have plates for it yet but I drove around the yard and it seems fine. I changed the spark plug to an NGK unit as many have recommended. I will change the oil to either a 4 stroke motorcycle oil or Rotella T6. Also received my helmet and riding gloves today. Jacket is coming tomorrow. This is my first "street" bike as I have only had dirt bikes in the past. Got my temporary riding permit Monday and just need to find somebody to go riding with once I get my plate.

I have been lurking for a while reading up on which bike I want to get. Initially I wanted a KPR 200 but they are nowhere to be found. I then had to decide between the Lifan Xpect and the Hawk DLX. I think either way I would have been happy but I decided to get the larger motor. And when I was assembling my bike, I saw another Hawk drive by. I was as giddy as a schoolgirl. lol

See ya around!

Old 06-16-2021, 10:45 PM   #2

Make your sos appointment now, on the east side of the state they are 3-4 months out! There are a few hawks around Port huron now, never see them when I'm on my storm though, always when in on the cruiser lol.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 06-17-2021, 05:37 AM   #3

Welcome aboard! I'll be up in your state in a few days to visit some family and hopefully do some riding (but on most likely on my old gs1100e street bike, not my tbr7).
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 06-17-2021, 08:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
Make your sos appointment now, on the east side of the state they are 3-4 months out! There are a few hawks around Port huron now, never see them when I'm on my storm though, always when in on the cruiser lol.
I got online last night and got an appointment for this coming Tuesday. Other than that one appointment, they are out until end of August.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandorasJuiceBox View Post
I got online last night and got an appointment for this coming Tuesday. Other than that one appointment, they are out until end of August.
They randomly release appointments I've found. At 8am and midnight they repost the canceled appointments for the next day, but randomly I've checked and they have 1 or 2 open on a bunch of days. The whole thing is a mess to say the least. I've got an appointment today to register the trailers I bought in February.... had an appointment in April then they closed the ph office for some reason and I had to reschedule.

SOS gave me no issues titling and registering my storm. just make sure your MCO is complete, along with the bill of sale and odometer statement. Ensure they title it as a "motorcycle" and not "off-road" so you can plate it.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
SOS gave me no issues titling and registering my storm. just make sure your MCO is complete, along with the bill of sale and odometer statement. Ensure they title it as a "motorcycle" and not "off-road" so you can plate it.
Good to know. I'm hoping I get the paperwork between now and Monday so I don't have to cancel.