Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #16

so you would rather risk your safety with bending the bars back than spend 5 min drilling holes or shaving the nub down on the controls? That cheap ass metal used on the bars doesn't do well with repeated bends. If that's what you want go for it, but don't be surprised if they snap if you go down or smack them on something.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 06-23-2021, 05:13 PM   #17

If you look up R-3 powersports in mosinee Wisconsin I'm sure they will help you out and will ship you a set one of the best dealers I've ever dealt with I bought both of my xpects from them. Lifan and apollo is 90% of their business and Ron and Bob there are both great to deal with.

Old 06-23-2021, 07:11 PM   #18

buy the Tusk bars file off the detents not needed

Old 06-27-2021, 07:37 AM   #19

Man, this is annoying.

There is absolutely no way to get these handlebars.

No dealer will place the order with Lifan USA. I suspect it’s because they are focused on selling bikes.

Filing down detents on all the controls and getting bars that I have no idea about the sweep and height and general geometry doesn’t sound too appealing while traveling across the country.

I just want a set of stock bars. Simple request.

I’m about to just bend them back instead. It was a linear bend. Force was applied in one direction and it moved the throttle side up by about 3”. I can apply force in the exact opposite direction to get it back to the right spot. Should work. Really won’t weaken steel tubing much at all to bend 3” one way and 3” the other. It’s not like I’m 16 years old and hitting jumps or even doing slides around corners. I’m an older guy put putting around trails, fire roads and on tar.

Guess I’ll do the bend while trying to find some stock bars. Tired of not being able to ride at all while solving this problem. Maybe if I stay somewhere a while I can buy a file and sit around scraping all the detents out of my controls. But at the same time, unknown bar geometry does sound like a bad idea.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:20 AM   #20

In my opinion, i wouldn't worry so much about bending the bar back. I let my son ride my Brozz and he wiped down a decline and bent the bar straight inward. I was able to bend it back to match the other side and its been fine. This occurred back in March and i've taken it offroad several times since then with no issues. I watched a youtube vid where the dude bent his bar and later was replacing them, but before he did, he spent time trying to break the bar off at the bend and i watched how hard it was and he had to keep forcing it back and forth several times before it eventually split.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 06-27-2021, 06:43 PM   #21

So I bent them back with a pipe from Home Depot.

Sooo easy. Took all of 30 seconds and they’re perfect. I measured both sides from grip ends to bike centerline and grip ends to front axle bolt. All within 1/8”.

I thought they bent 3-4”. Looks like it was really 2”.

Almost as good as new.

Old 06-28-2021, 01:33 PM   #22

Glad the bars bent back to your liking. I used to bend bars constantly as a young, over-aggressive wanna-be motocross star.....and the old Yamaha enduro bars must have been made of rubber, they bent so easily. I had a few favorite oak trees I'd use to get them close.

Also, don't be afraid to file off the little tits on the controls, if you want to find different bars. If they don't snug down to your liking after that, a couple wraps of electrical tape on the bars works perfectly.

That sucks about AL not supporting you for parts. Fortunately Amazon and Ebay can supply you with like, if not better parts.

Plus, don't forget about CSC. I'm sure a lot of the stuff is interchangeable and easily ordered on their website.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #23

I ordered a few parts I needed for my X-Pect directly from kpclubusa and they sent them out fine so still worth a shot if you want new bars from them