Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2021, 06:58 PM   #1

I love my Xpect but rattle noise from gear box when under load

Bike runs great I mean Honda great! but this rattle at around 5k rpm that comes from the engine case at the gear box drives me nuts. Its not the motor its only when going down the road in gear . Not so bad I cant live with it the bike runs and shift great but man would it be nice if it where gone. Has anyone had this niose left side lower engine? If I bend down and put my hand on the gear case at 4 to 5 krpm vibration along with the rattle, but pull the clutch and maintain the rpm and it stops. Any one else hearing this or any ideas Thanks Andy

Old 07-01-2021, 08:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored stiff View Post
Bike runs great I mean Honda great! but this rattle at around 5k rpm that comes from the engine case at the gear box drives me nuts. Its not the motor its only when going down the road in gear . Not so bad I cant live with it the bike runs and shift great but man would it be nice if it where gone. Has anyone had this niose left side lower engine? If I bend down and put my hand on the gear case at 4 to 5 krpm vibration along with the rattle, but pull the clutch and maintain the rpm and it stops. Any one else hearing this or any ideas Thanks Andy
Hmmmm. I have a buzz or vibration around that rpm but I had always figured it was just the little fairing or something.

I’ll check mine next ride to see if it’s coming from down there

Old 07-02-2021, 11:45 AM   #3

Mine had a buzzy rattle at that rpm. I found that it was coming from inside the gas tank, a small tube that runs up the left side, easy to put a long screwdriver in there and move it away from the side of the tank.

The other rattle I have comes from the motor and sounds like marbles in the engine. That one is getting quieter as I put more miles on the bike, I have a little over 700 miles now. I put a ‘cooler’ plug in to try to help that rattle as I think it is pinging and it helped a little

2020 Lifan X-Pect 200efi
2005 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200R

Old 07-02-2021, 01:05 PM   #4

That describes it well.It is actualy coming from the flywheel cover near gear shift. Glad to hear tha in your case it is lessoning over time. how many mile are on yours?