Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #1

Question Boom Vader Fork Springs options, do aftermarket Grom springs fit?

I want to upgrade the front suspension on my Boom Vader and am wondering what my options are? Will aftermarket Grom fork springs fit the Boom Vader? It would be awesome if I could get a set of Ohlins or Kitaco front springs installed for example. Anyone know if they will fit?

Old 07-07-2021, 02:07 PM   #2

You can put actual Grom forks in there... the whole assembly. I don't think nor know for sure if the Grom internal fork parts fit in the clone forks- I kinda want to say no.

There are some even better front forks on AliExpress for about $200.. rebound and dampening adjustable. Those that have used them say they are even better than Grom forks.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #3

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
There are some even better front forks on AliExpress for about $200.. rebound and dampening adjustable. Those that have used them say they are even better than Grom forks.
Thanks for the info I am definitely going to pick up a pair of the adjustable ones. They come in 665mm 715mm any idea what size works best? It looks like the 665mm are the popular size that's selling the most.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Thanks for the info I am definitely going to pick up a pair of the adjustable ones. They come in 665mm 715mm any idea what size works best? It looks like the 665mm are the popular size that's selling the most.
the 665mm is what I was told was ideal/best suited as well. I think that may also be close to if not exactly stock length too.

Tags
fork springs, front forks, front springs, front suspension