Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2021, 05:53 PM   #16

Apart from the bike being dropped, not sure how hard - but if you don't have any grinding, skips, or jerking.. I highly, highly doubt that it is anything internal....

You mentioned using full synthetic oil - but only have ~160mi... way too soon to make that transition. Many others that do use full synthetic have been past the break-in period; well past.

I would suggest not touching anything internal, completely drain the oil - with the kill switch on 'kill', crank the engine a few seconds to get the little oil remaining in the clutch.. Use non-synthetic oil - I suggest Valvoline 10W-40 additive free oil. For me in VA, this works well in both summer and winter very well.

Don't overlook the little things - they'll trip you up the most.. And apart from my issue being my cable too loose, I haven't used any synthetic oil at all and I'm only at 850mi. and don't plan to use synthetic oil either. Personal preference - but, since the only drastic thing that was mentioned was synthetic oil; also sounds like the weight is too high.

Hard to diagnose these things over keyboard exchange without seeing / feeling the bike itself to know for sure what's going on. But, I still highly doubt any internal damages.

You'll get it, man.

Old 07-14-2021, 01:50 PM   #17

thanks everyone! i genuinely appreciate you for taking the time to help me. i have yet to get to the bottom but i would like to update this thread for others later.

i still do not have enough experience to rule out clutch adjustment. i tightened it WAY too far now and i slip out of gear in high revs. i still cannot downshift.

i took kibble’s advice to clean out clutch and returned to non synthetic oil.

i’m at splitting her open now. she has gotta have something bent.

Last edited by blair; 07-14-2021 at 01:51 PM. Reason: wrong credit

Old 07-22-2021, 09:56 PM   #18

Blair, did you find out what was wrong. We Chinariders need to know! Seems to be happening more frequently.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbrash View Post
Blair, did you find out what was wrong. We Chinariders need to know! Seems to be happening more frequently.
Second that! I wanna know!!

Old 07-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to spete
Make sure chain is not to tight might need some slack in it they come to tight from the factory.