Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by willardnigma View Post
Well Apparently I'm not running too lean, as I'm able to start it without the choke in 50 degree weather. Guess I got lucky.

Does seem to bog at full throttle. Gonna do a plug chop, might swap the carb after i get it titled.

Sounds like the fueling is still off. You might be ok at idle and startup, which covers the pilot jet and idle mixture, but main jetting is often the issue with most of these bikes, and that is your 3/4 to full throttle. Right where your bog is.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-26-2020, 05:29 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to willardnigma Send a message via MSN to willardnigma Send a message via Yahoo to willardnigma
Well unfortunately the carb thing will have to wait, given the current shipping times on everything. I'll probably fully replace the carb, I'm sure I have a keihin around (I prefer those over makuni) Just gotta order a set of jets as the ones in it are tuned for a completely different altitude and for running rich on a 2 stroke engine.

Right now I'm trying to figure out where to draw power from for my little stereo and have it cut off when I cut the bike off so I don't have to run a manual toggle switch.

Update-wiring straight to the battery terminals and giving it it's own toggle switch being jb welded to cluster. That way if I kill the battery I can toggle it off and cut the power completely and kick start.

This little setup is what I've been using on my motorized bike with the same size battery. Last about a week in between charges listening about an hour a day, so figured it'd do well on this bike. I doubt it's actually 600 watts, but this motorcycle is a bit more quiet than my bike, and I could hear it just fine on it, so it'll be a nice addition.

I think when I get this thing fully broke in, and the coronavirus stuff has died down, I might go visit my Family down in Kentucky on this thing. Lots of back roads between here and there.

UPDATE-ordered the VM26 30mm Carburetor and the jet kit for it. Yay for covid-19 shipping times and me being impatient.

UPDATE-Stereo is working great, just enough volume to hear it at around 50mph with my helmet on, but not so loud as to drown out ambient noise and reduce awareness. When parked the stereo may be considered too loud by some.

Last edited by willardnigma; 04-30-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:37 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to willardnigma Send a message via MSN to willardnigma Send a message via Yahoo to willardnigma
RIP to my motorized bike, it lost a majority of it's comfort upgrades as those were modified to work on my tbr7 lol

Think I'll improve the electrical with a complete overhaul and add in heated grips, seat and maybe a small 110 ac inverter for lols. I love doing my electrical mods.

Anyne have a link for upgraded stators/rectifiers? If needed I can make em myself once I get some new soldering tips (yay for amazon prime now being worth as much as used toilet paper)

Old 05-15-2020, 05:47 AM   #19

Updated with seller info

Old 05-28-2020, 01:08 PM   #20

bumping with update on getting title/tags and my first street legal ride/mishap
and yeah, I've done a mod, couldn't resist.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:00 AM   #21

Bumping with new update

Old 10-04-2020, 01:25 AM   #22

bump

Old 07-26-2021, 06:25 PM   #23

RIP to JB, she's dead. I put some miles on it but it got stolen and totaled. I managed to catch the thieves and the frams is good, but I decided to get a Goldwing and retire my china bike for now.

The next project will be after I get a house with a garage. Going to convert what's left of my tbr to an all electric drivechain system, and convert the luggage rack to a fold out solar charger. No reason other than I want to. Frame is registered and titled so why not?

Old 07-26-2021, 08:54 PM   #24

Are you going to use a hub motor or rig a chain drive for the Electric TBR?

Old 07-30-2021, 09:51 AM   #25

Anyone with TBR7 that had no problems is extremely lucky. My seller's warranty, from KillerMotorSports, is a total sham. They will do nothing to help. I had to hire mechanic to come and get the cycle to run. No spark The lights on the right do not work, nor do the gauge lights and the tail light unless the headlight is on Bright mode. The mechanic said the light switch assembly on the handlebar was faulty. TaoTao nor the seller will do anything to assist or will not replace faulty part. I never know when the engine will start or will not. I have a total of 2 miles on this bike. I think it is best to sell it, if possible. By the way, if I do decide to keep it and live with Brights on all the time, where is the best place to buy a 30mm Mikuni carb to fit it?

Old 07-30-2021, 10:53 AM   #26

I only had a couple small issues that were easy to fix. Great bike, I love mine.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 07-30-2021, 01:38 PM   #27

Boygold, too bad with the bike...you could contact Taotao USA and tell them your dealer is/was KillerMotorSports and that you need replacement's...ask them for the part numbers then send it to KillerMotorSports asking them to honor the warranty, etc...with the part numbers. They are/were just too lazy to do it for you! And threaten them with a possible small claims court action, secondarily tell them you are gathering others from Chinariders for a pending class-action suit! Get mean!