Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2021, 12:43 PM   #1

First bike, putting myself on the preorder list for a Brozz250

I willing be putting myself on the preorder list for a 2021 Brozz250 recon once they are available.

I’m a brand new rider, and I’ve wanted a bike for a long long time, but I’m a full time student so I know I don’t have all that much free time. I want to learn bikes, cause I cannot imagine owning one without understanding how it works. I do not consider myself mechanically gifted, I can change my car fluids and brakes, that’s about it but I’m always willing to learn. From my research a Brozz250 250 is all the things I want.

-lightweight learner bike
-moderate speeds
-self assembly (a huge feature not a bug to me)
-can tackle all terrain
-huge sex appeal

I’m posting on this forum to find out the things I don’t know, and want to know what I will face in owning this bike and using her as a city bike.

I intend to buy it, assemble it, change the oil first. Ride it. Then modify it. I have to change the rear sprocket to give it some more legs I’ve learned but what else? Thank you boys!

Old 08-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #2

The Brozz is a good choice, it’s a very nice bike for the money, heck it’s a nice bike regardless of the value. I think you will enjoy the new change to the Recon. Welcome to here!
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 08-25-2021, 01:06 PM   #3

I would opt for the Brozz sport since you intend to use it for a city bike. Your tires will be much better suited to the pavement, and last way longer. I would also consider the Moto Max if you are not too tall for one.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:15 PM   #4

Oops! What Billhilly said, I don’t know where I got Recon from
1978 Kawasaki KL250

Old 08-25-2021, 03:51 PM   #5

Welcome,
I ride my 2020 Brozz 250 about half street, half gravel roads. I'm totally thrilled with this bike.

I've done some mods, 4 degree timing advance, port & polish head, re-jetted the stock carb. It does runs good. I have not done the aftermarket exhaust because I really don't want it any louder. I might try it in the future though. I also changed to heavier 6GA wire for the starter circuit. And a new 428 Xring chain and 17/45 sprockets.

It's got about 1600 miles with no issues. But I will say the accuracy of the speedo is crap. Shows quite a bit higher than GPS. There has been lots of discussion about that topic here.

Anyway, hope you don't have to wait too long.

John

Old 08-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #6

The only real knock on the Brozz is the tire size ,if you can find tires you like that fit then you should be good to go for a street ridden bike .

Old 08-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #7

Personally -- I think -- all the Bashan products are (for mass produced enduros) along with the Lifan X-PECT...are the best quality bikes in their price range...but you know me...I'm prejudice! LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210824_214929.jpg (46.0 KB, 228 views)

Old 08-27-2021, 01:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Welcome,
I ride my 2020 Brozz 250 about half street, half gravel roads. I'm totally thrilled with this bike.

I've done some mods, 4 degree timing advance, port & polish head, re-jetted the stock carb. It does runs good. I have not done the aftermarket exhaust because I really don't want it any louder. I might try it in the future though. I also changed to heavier 6GA wire for the starter circuit. And a new 428 Xring chain and 17/45 sprockets.

It's got about 1600 miles with no issues. But I will say the accuracy of the speedo is crap. Shows quite a bit higher than GPS. There has been lots of discussion about that topic here.

Anyway, hope you don't have to wait too long.

John
John, when I installed the Digital Dash on the BSR I had to adjust the unit for the approximate circumference of the tire for accuracy...it took a while...but I dialed it in Exactly. The setting for 1995 is for a 21" tire...you might want to start at 1900. I'll post a pic of the Instructions...hope it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210720_201735.jpg (24.3 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg 20210720_195527.jpg (34.2 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg 20210827_110604.jpg (42.2 KB, 184 views)

Old 08-27-2021, 02:50 PM   #9

stewbrash,my DLX has that cluster. I'm trying to follow those directions to dial in my speedometer (it's about 5mph high at 60), but I guess I'm missing something. Do I have to disconnect the battery to turn off all power to the cluster? Am I supposed to actually HOLD the button in while turning the key back on? Other than disconnecting the battery (or pulling the cluster's plug), I've tried every combination with that button to get that thing into settings mode all to no avail.

Old 08-27-2021, 03:05 PM   #10

Sounds like some other issue, on mine you hold the button in while you turn the key on...and then you will get the set-up screen. The hard part was manipulating the 3 long and short sequences to change the numerals. See if the retailer has some other instructions for the DLX...or they may just be non-adjustable. At least you can replace it (where I got mine from) from Aliexpress for around $25 + $5 shipping. Took about 3 weeks to get it. One other thing that I had to do was I had to swap the green and yellow wires in the sender plug to match the one in my bike...but if yours works it'll probably be fine.

Old 08-28-2021, 01:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
The only real knock on the Brozz is the tire size ,if you can find tires you like that fit then you should be good to go for a street ridden bike .
If you really wanted a Brozz with 21/18 tires, you may want to wait for the new Recon coming in November. Just saying,
1978 Kawasaki KL250

Old 08-28-2021, 03:42 PM   #12

If Peace is bringing back the Motomax, I would get one of those over the Brozz if you plan to use it as a city bike. The handling is great for urban riding. Plus, the 17" wheels front/rear will be easier to find replacement tires. That being said, the Brozz has the rear rack which allows top case installation which is invaluable for carrying stuff and storage. If you can install a rack on the Motomax, I would definitely get that bike over the regular Brozz.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-28-2021, 07:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbrash View Post
Sounds like some other issue, on mine you hold the button in while you turn the key on...and then you will get the set-up screen. The hard part was manipulating the 3 long and short sequences to change the numerals. See if the retailer has some other instructions for the DLX...or they may just be non-adjustable. At least you can replace it (where I got mine from) from Aliexpress for around $25 + $5 shipping. Took about 3 weeks to get it. One other thing that I had to do was I had to swap the green and yellow wires in the sender plug to match the one in my bike...but if yours works it'll probably be fine.

Stewbrash, thanks for the info on this cluster. My 2020 Brozz 250 has a different cluster, one that cannot be programmed. So are you happy with this one? I found it on Aliexpress. I've had other things in the past that you could program the wheel size. Always worked in the past for me.

John

Old 08-29-2021, 01:38 AM   #14

Yeah JohnC, once I dialed it in it has worked flawless. I don't know how they program these but my actual wheel circumference on the BSR was 2220...But I had to set the speedo at 1995 to make it match the GPS exactly...who knows why...it's trial and error.

Tags
brozz250, daily driver, first bike, modifications