Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2021, 12:53 PM   #1

Smile Lifan Xpect 250 Spring 2022

As title states, bike is to hit our shores around late Feb, early March. Was informed of this today from a rep from American Lifan. Supposed to be EFI, claimed 20.5 HP, inverted forks, etc.... Will look very similar to the 250 on main site (China), but with a few slight differences. Would not tell me colors, or specific specs, just basics. Cost is supposed to be roughly 600 more than the current Xpect 200. Sounds pretty interesting..... Oh and the 200 is supposed to be getting USD forks for 2022 standard. That was pretty much all he would say on the 200, and that it has a late spring arrival date. Hoping this all turns out to be correct!

Old 10-26-2021, 11:10 PM   #2

Looks like I'll be saving up my pennies! I was hoping they keep the 200, but deep down, was hoping they would toss in the KP/KPR/KPM engine. That would be a game changer for a Chinese brand as far as what the demographics for the X-Pect are, and would get the X-Pect 200 California-legal. There are liquid-cooled/fuel-injected premium Chinese bikes (e.g. Pitster/GPX) but the demographics for the X-Pect are different. Did you happen to ask about the KPT450? Wondering if they are still bringing that one in.

Edit: I noticed they have a 3rd dual-sport that looks more like a Hawk; one that can be spec'd by the importer/distributor with either a 200 or 250 engine. The 250 even shows it uses a 6-speed, but is not showcased to be the 'NBS250' like the one they highlight for the X-Pect 250. Considering the 'hunger' we seem to have in the US for low-cost dual-sports, they should consider getting DOT/EPA for that bike to fill in the niche of people wanting a no-nonsense carbed bike to compete with the Hawk 250 and to a lesser extent the Bashan Raven 250.

http://lifanmotos.net/product/yyc/2021-09-27/135.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-27-2021, 12:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Looks like I'll be saving up my pennies! I was hoping they keep the 200, but deep down, was hoping they would toss in the KP/KPR/KPM engine. That would be a game changer for a Chinese brand as far as what the demographics for the X-Pect are, and would get the X-Pect 200 California-legal. There are liquid-cooled/fuel-injected premium Chinese bikes (e.g. Pitster/GPX) but the demographics for the X-Pect are different. Did you happen to ask about the KPT450? Wondering if they are still bringing that one in.

Edit: I noticed they have a 3rd dual-sport that looks more like a Hawk; one that can be spec'd by the importer/distributor with either a 200 or 250 engine. The 250 even shows it uses a 6-speed, but is not showcased to be the 'NBS250' like the one they highlight for the X-Pect 250. Considering the 'hunger' we seem to have in the US for low-cost dual-sports, they should consider getting DOT/EPA for that bike to fill in the niche of people wanting a no-nonsense carbed bike to compete with the Hawk 250 and to a lesser extent the Bashan Raven 250.

http://lifanmotos.net/product/yyc/2021-09-27/135.html
II mean.. it would make more sense to pay a little more and get a CSC TT250; a real no bs warranty and consistent quality from a company that is actively bringing higher quality and spec PRC bikes to the USA. All i see on the Hwk250 pages are constant complaints of build quality and poor warranty support.

Old 10-27-2021, 01:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
II mean.. it would make more sense to pay a little more and get a CSC TT250; a real no bs warranty and consistent quality from a company that is actively bringing higher quality and spec PRC bikes to the USA. All i see on the Hwk250 pages are constant complaints of build quality and poor warranty support.
That was the other thing that really impressed me, Lifan has a great warranty. If purchased from a dealer, it’s 2 years parts, 1st of the 2 years labor included. If purchased online, 2 years parts only. My understanding is that they damn well take care of their bikes, and customers after the sale. I got a chance to try out an Xpect 200, a 2019 model with a tick over 8000 miles that belongs to my brothers neighbor. The bike was very “tight” feeling, nothing sloppy and rattling around. He takes great care of it, but it had the most “Japanese” feel to it of any China bike I’ve ridden. He said he has had two warranty claims on it since new, and had the parts on his doorstep within 72 hrs, no questions asked. I was really impressed with the overall quality of the build as well. Reminded me a lot of an early 90’s Kawasaki KX construction wise. Very clean welds, nice electrical connectors, sturdy plastic, etc…. To be honest, I was shocked. And I just discovered today there is a dealer an hour from me, so I have a feeling I may be taking a drive Saturday to look some things over.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:16 PM   #5

UPDATE…. Spoke with my local dealer this afternoon, he confirmed the 250 is coming early Spring. Couldn’t give me a ton of details, due to info release dates (12-21)….. but, did say the new bikes are crated and shipping out really soon. With that said….. I guess the 30 day boat ride is one thing, the other is the lag time here in our ports……. Seriously, this could take awhile. It’s cool though, knowing we will have another solid alternative coming soon is good news. Was told to watch the website for future updates, other 2022 surprises coming within the coming year. A liquid cooled DS would be rad……….

Old 10-27-2021, 11:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
I was referring to the Chinese site regarding the Hawk-like Lifan. I do not believe there are plans for that bike, but I had not seen that on their home site a month or so ago when I was last on it. Lifan does back their bikes up, so there is no worry there. The Bashan DB41 aka 'Raven' is a Hawk twin, but made by Bashan and even that bike has better quality than the actual Hawk (made by Hensim). I was suggesting that since Lifan will have a top of the line 250 dual-sport with fuel-injection, and will keep their 200 with fuel-injection, they might be able to also get into the niche that the Hawk dominates--the no-nonsense carbed dual-sport market. I doubt we will see that bike, but if it did come, it would probably be on par with the TT250 for quality and warranty and still be hundreds less, not to mention a dealer network. But, I do appreciate CSC as far as being a one shop brick and mortar dealer that happens to ship bikes nationwide from that dealer. So, not to disparage CSC, but I have always been a bigger fan of Lifan than Zongshen, so the Lifan news is exciting for me.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-28-2021, 08:29 PM   #7

Dang. I just bought a 2021 X-Pect. I had no idea an updated model was coming. I might have waited.

Old 10-28-2021, 09:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSK View Post
Dang. I just bought a 2021 X-Pect. I had no idea an updated model was coming. I might have waited.
Like I stated, I hope these updates come through. With the Covid era we are STILL in, anything could happen. I wouldn’t be kicking yourself too hard, you’re riding a pretty sweet bike as is! Post some pics, bet she looks great

Old 10-29-2021, 09:09 AM   #9

While certainly good news that Lifan is introducing another high-quality 250, I also like the better fuel mileage of my 2021 200cc. If both bikes have the same 2.6 gallon gas tank, that also equates to greater range on the 200. Plus saving some $$; if anything I think gas prices are gonna go up. My Xpect gets about four times the fuel economy as my small SUV.

With a simple sprocket change I can get the top end I want on the 200, IE barely adequate for the highway. And actually I can get anywhere I need to go on slower two-lane roads. The highways would just save some time.

Both are/will be great bikes, so the choice all boils down to wants and needs.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 10-29-2021, 02:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
While certainly good news that Lifan is introducing another high-quality 250, I also like the better fuel mileage of my 2021 200cc. If both bikes have the same 2.6 gallon gas tank, that also equates to greater range on the 200. Plus saving some $$; if anything I think gas prices are gonna go up. My Xpect gets about four times the fuel economy as my small SUV.

With a simple sprocket change I can get the top end I want on the 200, IE barely adequate for the highway. And actually I can get anywhere I need to go on slower two-lane roads. The highways would just save some time.

Both are/will be great bikes, so the choice all boils down to wants and needs.
How well is yours treating you? They appear to be trouble free being efi, good build quality, etc…..

Old 10-29-2021, 05:20 PM   #11

Only got 200 miles on it so far; haven't ridden in a week or more. Using every nice-ish day for outside work like painting the house, before it gets too cold.

Runs great though. Tmw I will install a 17-tooth JT sprocket and new (better steel) chain. Hopefully get to ride it too.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 10-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
How well is yours treating you? They appear to be trouble free being efi, good build quality, etc…..
They are absolutely trouble free. They remind me of Japanese cars. They just start right up and go.

I bought mine just because it had efi and after a lifetime of carbs on outboards, generators, etc, I knew it was a game changer on a bike. It was.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
They are absolutely trouble free. They remind me of Japanese cars. They just start right up and go.

I bought mine just because it had efi and after a lifetime of carbs on outboards, generators, etc, I knew it was a game changer on a bike. It was.
That’s kinda the path I’m heading down in life. Love to tinker at my own curiosities, not work out of need with a bit of anger attached. Shit gets old…..
Glad to hear they are as trouble free as they appear!