Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #16

One last try

Okay, the tt250 rim is out of the question now... oh well, on to the next idea

Can anyone confirm if the Taotao tbr7 rim would work on the Hawk? Pictures of the rim and hub would suffice.

Apart from that, all I can do is call rps and hope they have one, and if that doesn't work then I'll just have to lace one myself... been wanting to avoid that

I'd like say thanks again to everyone who helped me

Old 11-13-2021, 02:40 PM   #17

Okay, I found the tbr7 front wheel and it appears to be in stock. It's a 19 inch, would I have to replace the rear wheel with the 17 inch tbr7 wheel or would a 19 front and 18 rear work together?

Old 11-15-2021, 12:06 PM   #18

I would stick with a 21". Is there a shop nearby? just take it in and let them find the correct rim and spokes and lace it up and true it for you. I did have another thought on the CSC rim, maybe their speedo gear would work with your digital cluster. It's just a spinning magnet. If the diameter of your existing gear is the same I would think it would work. You would need to have at least a 30mm spacer on that side of the axle, if you have more than 30mm that's fine, just add another spacer or washer to it. That would mean you would need to buy the complete rim, brake rotor and the speedo gear (it's $20). I have ordered a speedo gear that will arrive tomorrow to modify to work with the Kawasaki rims that I'm currently running. If your existing rotor is 260mm and you have at least a 30mm spacer on the speedo side I think you could make it work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frleft.JPG (176.5 KB, 85 views)

Old 11-16-2021, 08:36 PM   #19

Problem solved(most likely)

I emailed RPS, they said they should be getting rims in stock around Thanksgiving. I'll wait until December and if they don't have it in stock I'll just suck it up and lace one myself.

I'd be spending way more money trying to get a different rim and making it fit than just buying all the parts and doing it myself. Thanks again guys, this thread helped me ease my mind after my first true crash

...now how to close a thread...

Old 11-17-2021, 11:05 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoy1704 View Post
...Any idea where I can get some spokes?
These guys will fix you right up, though you may need to send them one of your spokes as a sample for them to get the specs off of:

http://www.buchananspokes.com/categories/spokes.asp