Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2022, 11:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDude View Post
It's the vacuum issue, this was a known defect with some of the TT250's this year. Swapping the lines at the canister is the fix. CSC support told me about this issue, swapping the lines fixed it instantly. Instead of venting the tank, it sucks the air out and gravity flow of fuel stops.

This I shall do, first and foremost. Of course I won't be able to take it out and give it a good run anytime soon, as we're hovering about -5 to +10 degrees for at least the next two weeks. Thank you very much for your help sirs.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:34 AM   #17

Hello Just my thought switch vac lines.Easy to do,and dose not cost a dime. Hope it fixes your problem.

Old 01-08-2022, 02:36 PM   #18

Head Scratching

I'm noticing there are two different sizes hoses that go to two different size ports on the canister. I can squeeze the smaller hose into the bigger port, but the bigger hose is a bit loose on the smaller port. Any ideas if that means that it was connected correctly already?

There was a telltale sign when I popped the first hose off, I heard a ssssssssss for a few seconds... Sounds like a vacuum to me.

Update: The bigger hose definitely does not stay on the smaller port. I followed the smaller hose up to the first ziptie, put a new one on just slightly looser, and cut off the old one just in case it was slightly pinching.

Old 01-09-2022, 04:45 PM   #19

That's the same as my friends bike was. CSC told him that they were two different sizes and told him he could get new lines because they're also two different lengths so they can't be swapped end to end. He did as you're describing, smaller one is tight and put a ziptie on the one that's a bit loose. Worked fine.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:44 AM   #20

Very interesting. The lines do reach to the ports, but in that case I'll do as suggested and just cinch it down with a ziptie instead of using the little metal clip.

UPDATE: This seemed to do the trick. I had to remove the canister for better access and use two small zipties cinched very tight, and the other one was able to stretch and use the original metal clip. I topped off the gas (which would cause this symptom to happen quite quickly), and took her on my first decent ride for about 3hrs. No issues whatsoever, and when I returned home, I popped the gas tank lid again and had zero whoooosh of air. Problem solved!

Last edited by flopsweat; 03-07-2022 at 12:32 PM.