Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2022, 09:13 AM   #1

Question Best dirt bike for around 2000

So, I have posted multiple times about enduro and dual sports but I realized that I don’t need the lights, I just thought they looked cool. I am now looking for a good dirt bike (China or not) that I won’t outgrow soon. I am 12 and 5”4. I have looked at Kawasaki kix 140g but they are not easy to find used. And what I could do is buy an Orion or x pro 125cc and when their parts wear out I replace the, with better parts. But please lmk with more options for dirt bikes I can buy. I don’t want to spend too much on maintainance and I want there to be good mpg unlike the Yamaha yz.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:58 AM   #2

I suggest to put in the model names on YouTube and watch videos of various bikes. You are young and probably inexperienced with motorcycle mechanics, so you probably want a bike that comes assembled, and the Orion store sells all their bikes assembled and includes shipping. Most of the pitbikes (my suggestion based on your size) are well under $2000. The nice thing about pitbikes is that as you grow, you should be still able to comfortably ride them. Look for the ones with seat heights in the 28 to 30 inch range. But, again, I suggest to watch YouTube videos of a wide range of bikes, but some of the better ones, that come assembled, will be found at Orion. There are other contenders, like Tao bikes, BMS, SSR, etc.. but Orion have a decent reputation and assemble the bikes for you. Unless you have experienced motorcycle buddies and/or relatives to help you which would open up your choices. But, start here anyway, as Orion seem to be a decent retailer to deal with, but if you have people to help you, let us know, and we can steer you to other retailers and other brands... https://www.orionpowersports.com/pit-bikes/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-21-2022, 10:09 AM   #3

You know, I know the owner of this store as I met him at his shop when I moved back to L.A. for a year and a half https://www.kronikracing.com/pit-bikes.html Pete is the owner and he knows his pitbikes. I usually send people to him from Chinariders because he has great deals on the Grom-clones, and is more than just an online dealer, but he deals in Apollo pitbikes and has numerous aftermarket parts. He is very patient and could steer you in the right direction based on your experience and skill level. His bike prices include shipping, as well. Give him a call before you speak with Orion. https://www.kronikracing.com/pit-bikes.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-21-2022, 02:35 PM   #4

I'll offer the same suggestion I put forth in your other thread: The Hawk 150 https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/22652 (also known as the RPS Viper)

• Affordable: $999 before shipping
  • Been around a few years with happy owners
  • Small enough you'll be comfortable learning to handle it
  • Big enough to not feel small like the typical pit bike (more distance between the seat and foot pegs and more weight (well over 220 lbs))
  • Big enough to still work for you three years from now
  • Big enough wheels to smooth out the pot holes (19" front)
  • Powerful enough to keep you happy: claims almost 13hp (the Lifan XPect 200 is just 14 hp)
  • Standard 1 N 2 3 4 5 gear box, just like a 'real' motorcycle
Really, it's a smaller motorcycle for the price of a pit bike.

EDIT: One other thing. The Hawk 150 has an adjustable rear spring, so as you get bigger, there is at least a little room for adjustment in the rear suspension.
2021 Hawk 150 (RPS Viper)

Last edited by Britt; 01-21-2022 at 06:08 PM.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt View Post
I'll offer the same suggestion I put forth in your other thread: The Hawk 150 https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/22652

• Affordable: $999 before shipping
  • Been around a few years with happy owners
  • Small enough you'll be comfortable learning to handle it
  • Big enough to not feel small like the typical pit bike (more distance between the seat and foot pegs and more weight (well over 220 lbs))
  • Big enough to still work for you three years from now
  • Big enough wheels to smooth out the pot holes (19" front)
  • Powerful enough to keep you happy: claims almost 13hp (the Lifan XPect 200 is just 14 hp)
  • Standard 1 N 2 3 4 5 gear box, just like a 'real' motorcycle
Really, it's a smaller motorcycle for the price of a pit bike.
^^^ This right here would be the one to get^^^
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-22-2022, 08:40 AM   #6

Crying

I'm not sure guys, I want something that will last very long and I can sell when I outgrow it. maybe like a 2010 klx 140? i was going to get brozz or x-pect but I realized i don't need lights.(they just look cool). this is a hard desicion. i also have to find a way to earn 2k in like 3 months :(. there are zero reviews on the orions and i dont want to take a risk. the hawk seems like a doabl option but its not gonna last 3 years and noeone will want to buy it.

Old 01-24-2022, 12:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameetalwaysrides View Post
I'm not sure guys, I want something that will last very long and I can sell when I outgrow it. maybe like a 2010 klx 140? i was going to get brozz or x-pect but I realized i don't need lights.(they just look cool). this is a hard desicion. i also have to find a way to earn 2k in like 3 months :(. there are zero reviews on the orions and i dont want to take a risk. the hawk seems like a doabl option but its not gonna last 3 years and noeone will want to buy it.
FYI, resale value on any of these China bikes is not so great, and when it gets dings scratches and you have to replace anything, the value will go down even more. A perfectly kept bike with no scratches, leaks and low miles still takes a 30-40% hit. People are skeptical (so, Why are you selling it??! is the attitude). If this is your first bike, something like the Viper really is a great example of the right place to start. Just take care of it as well as you can and make it last.

Some people have better luck than others. Buying just before prices go up is a luck of the draw. Also, Don't forget this is a trainer, first bike. Trainers usually get broken more than once (that was my experience, but you may have better luck!).

Last edited by Thumper; 01-24-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Old 01-24-2022, 12:54 PM   #8

With regard to resale on China bikes my experience is as follows in case it helps you:
2020 Tao DBX1 - bought $850 - sold $850 after 1 year of ownership
2021 CSC RX4 - bought $5400 - sold $4800 after 3 months of ownership

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Tags
$2000, 5”4 12 year old, dirtbike, klx, orion