Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2022, 11:04 AM   #1

Orion 190cc ..

Not exactly a pit bike nor a full size either.. 19/16 wheels 32 inch seat height. Saw a few videos, looked decent wondered if anyone had experience with them..

Old 01-28-2022, 03:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBs View Post
Not exactly a pit bike nor a full size either.. 19/16 wheels 32 inch seat height. Saw a few videos, looked decent wondered if anyone had experience with them..
Are you asking about the offroad version or the dual-sport version? Member PhildoScaggins has two of the prior 150cc models (the dual-sport models which are the same as the off-road models except they have street lighting all around) and has nothing but praise for them. The 190cc is the same bike but appears to have upgraded the plastics and of course the larger engine. Orion had a hit on their hand when they introduced them in 125cc form (the dual-sport models) because no one really had a factory pitbike offered with full street lighting up to that point.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-28-2022, 05:55 PM   #3

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Are you asking about the offroad version or the dual-sport version? Member PhildoScaggins has two of the prior 150cc models (the dual-sport models which are the same as the off-road models except they have street lighting all around) and has nothing but praise for them. The 190cc is the same bike but appears to have upgraded the plastics and of course the larger engine. Orion had a hit on their hand when they introduced them in 125cc form (the dual-sport models) because no one really had a factory pitbike offered with full street lighting up to that point.

I really have no preference. Obviously if the lights etc are the only difference and are little to no cost why not provided its the same bike. I like the idea of a sub 200 lb bike that one could make pivot turns with. 32 inch seat height perfect for my 5'7" frame.. Suspension I think is only around 6 inches front and rear ( second hand info since it's not mentioned anywhere in the literature ) I wish I could see one in person to get a feel for.. 2K isn't chump change in my neck of the woods for a disaster but cheap if it turns out well.. I was also interested in the Kayo K2 but the OTD price is $ 33oo instead of the $ 2399 sticker price.. Why do they keep trying pull that crap ?

Old 01-28-2022, 09:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBs View Post
I was also interested in the Kayo K2 but the OTD price is $ 33oo instead of the $ 2399 sticker price.. Why do they keep trying pull that crap ?
Kayo have been establishing their bikes as 'add-on' lines at brick and mortar dealerships (not sure what extra brands sold at established brand-name dealerships like a Yamaha dealership are called, but 'add-on' sounded right ). I guess they are avoiding selling their bikes via mail-order, so you will be stuck with prep, assembly, tax, and other 'fees' they can toss on.

Try to get hold of Phildoscaggins and pick his brain about his Orions. Orion seem to be the 'real deal' as far as quality goes, as there are a few members with the full-size RXB 250 who have had great experiences with their bikes. Phildo had discussed his 150 bike a couple years ago and swore by it (as opposed AT it ) so much he bought a second 150 before the 190s were offered.

Edit: Pitster Pro/GPX as a brand is worth a look and they have quite a variety of bikes

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-01-2022, 11:15 PM   #5

I have a Orion 190. I haven't had much time to ride it or break it in but it's a awesome bike. The chain was super tight and it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear. Adjusted the chain and it shifted through all the gears. I did notice it felt a little stiff shifting through the gears but I'm sure that will loosen up with time as everything breaks in. I'm 5'9" and the seat height is perfect for me.

Old 03-16-2022, 11:27 PM   #6

I finally got a chance to break my RXB 190 in. I put about 150 miles on it a few weekends ago. The bike really impressed me and ran great. Once the chain was adjusted property it shifted through all five gears easily. Cruises at 65mph comfortably, didn't push it much higher since the motor is still breaking in.Rode about 50 miles offroad in some very rough back country. My only complaint is that the seat is terrible! I definitely will be adding more cushion to it.