Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2022, 11:26 PM   #1

Grin I found a Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter and Cable Adapter for my X-Pect's "Torque App"!!!

I found an Bluetooth OBD2 Sensor Adaptor and the Lifan Cable Adapter for my Lifan X-Pect and it runs the "Torque App" beautifully.

My Lifan's valve adjustment and richening it's fuel mixture made the biggest difference after the intake and exhaust where installed.

I tried loosening the nut on the back of the small bolt that the throttle body idle plate rests on, but it was already set beneath the throttle plate. I also had to richen the full mixture for it to run well with my aluminum intake and stainless steel exhaust. It backfired a lot from a 16/1 air/fuel ratio and ran over 300 degree oil temps from the additional heat the lean condition created.

Though after using the large spring tensioned single screw throttle body fuel adjustment, I was able to set the air/fuel to a comfortable 13.8 air/fuel ratio that had it running under 240 degree oil temps at 65Mph and gave it plenty of fuel at 8,000Rpms. Essentially the large screw allows or restricts fuel flow as a sort of fuel system bypass that operates independent of the injectors and the O2 Sensor. Which is brilliant on all the EFI GY-4 and GY-5 Lifans.

It makes fuel adjustment simple and provides good intake and exhaust tuning support.

My Lifan X-Pect with my current intake and exhaust idles around 2,500Rpms with the throttle plate adjustment screw backed all the way off the plate. Though thanks to the excellent vacuum advance system, between the ignition timing advancements and O2 Sensor my Lifan runs really strong up to 8,500Rpms and doesn't backfire if I drop the throttle at 70Mph and let it engine brake.

The ECU Module prevents the aftermarket CDI Boxes from adjusting the ignition advancement curve. Though just getting a good 13.4-13.8 air/fuel ratio is all you need to do that and you can turn the large spring tensioned screw on the throttle body counter-clockwise to open the fuel bypass richening the mixture, or clockwise to close it leaning it out.

As for the ignition advancement, you need it to run based on the air/fuel ratio and O2 sensor readings to insure it works with the vacuum advance and ECU Module. There is a MagnumTuning Module that simulates the ignition advance of aftermarket CDI Boxes by adjusting the ignition advance based of O2 Sensor Readings by manipulating the air intake temp sensor. So it prevents the ignition advancement from flattening at higher Rpms.

Make no mistake, Lifan supports a lot of aftermarket parts and they're really reliable after you've installed aftermarket parts on them, the older model 150cc X-Pects have a huge amount of aftermarket parts support and have outlasted most Hondas ridden as many miles as they've been.

Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter www.amazon.com/dp/B00PJPHEBO

Lifan Cable Adapter www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y5YWRKH

MagnumTuning Module http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detai...200-dual-sport

My Lifan's Torque App in action.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2157...1423643945188/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lifan Throtle Body.jpg (125.9 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 13.8 AFR at 7500Rpms.jpg (89.9 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg My Lifan's Torque App.jpg (52.5 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by GamingRAPTRcom; 06-01-2022 at 01:06 AM.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:11 AM   #2

Excellent post, thanks. Without making any other mods, I'm thinking of turning the big screw 1/4 turn CCW to richen the mix a bit.

As I understand it, the Magnum Tuning part is just a resistor that you pay $265 for.

Edit: here's a thread with some discussion of this stuph:
http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...light=resistor
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Last edited by TominMO; 06-01-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:42 PM   #3

Wish I could have found that lifan plug and adapter, could not find a plug so had to cut it off and fit my own 4 way plugs to the bike and adapter cable. Tell us a little about this torque app and where you can get it as it sounds like a useful system to have on the road where you could be using your phone as a GPS, If you have a problem just plug in the adapter and if you have the torque app read off the problem. I would really like to see my fuel air ratio and head temperature.
Johno

Old 06-01-2022, 03:55 PM   #4

Wow. This is one of the most interesting posts I have seen!

Thank you for this great resource.

Last edited by Boatguy; 06-01-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Old 06-01-2022, 05:08 PM   #5

just tried to buy this Torque pro app and what a pain, go through the whole deal on this stupid Samsung dumb phone pay for it with my credit card when they ask for my credit card password. Well I do not have a credit card password so no sale. Ends up I dont get the app but they have my credit card number, guess I will just have to make do with ECU hacker.

Old 06-01-2022, 05:19 PM   #6

Stop Press,
My wife persevered while I threw my toys out of the pram and bought the app with my Paypal account. So when the Panlong Bluetooth thing arrives from Amazon we will take a look at what gives.