Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2022, 11:18 PM   #16

Charging battery

--Thumper-- ok man thanks I will charge the battery and reconnect it. Then put a voltmeter on the battery once I start it and rev it.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:11 AM   #17

When I got my Storm, I had problems with the remote as well and eliminated it. After you've got your battery charged, let it sit for like half an hour and then check the voltage. If it's good, it should be around 13 volts. My battery was shot because it kept discharging completely because of a dead ground.

2016 Magician 250

Old 08-18-2022, 07:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician16 View Post
When I got my Storm, I had problems with the remote as well and eliminated it. After you've got your battery charged, let it sit for like half an hour and then check the voltage. If it's good, it should be around 13 volts. My battery was shot because it kept discharging completely because of a dead ground.
Yes! Good advice for OP...

If the charging test seems good, definitely check it resting, key off. If the thing is drawing power when parked, it will show a drop in voltage on the battery when you connect... Check voltage disconnected, then connect and see if there is a voltage drop. There may also be a little spark as you connect it if there is a ground fault or power drain somewhere.

Old 08-20-2022, 02:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Nice to see you are all in on this repair Jonny5 ,I don’t think I have ever seen someone replace an engine because of lost spark ,that’s hardcore right there ! .
Anyways ,I am not feeling well enough to really get into your wiring troubles ,but if all you did was unplug the black box ,I am pretty sure you would be leaving some circuits open that would need to be dealt with .Do a search for Brozz alarm removal on this site ,pretty sure there should be some info around to help you .
Good Luck !
[QU
So when I replaced the stator on the last engine. The bike made a really weird buzzing grinding noise. I felt like I put the stator on wrong so I opened the crank case and everything was still intact so I thought the engine was broken that's why I replaced the engine

Old 08-20-2022, 02:09 PM   #20

I thought the engine broke somewhere else so I just replaced the engine