Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2022, 12:50 PM   #1

The crazy speed wobbles. Can tires help?

I have a 2021 magicianYea thyre bad stock. But once built u got one of the best starting chasis point for an sweome bike imo. Rn i have jus about everything tht can br done and topping out at 75 mph and thats pinned.jus barly highway ride. But if any of you have made it too those speeds im sure you noticed the crazy speed wobbles. Almost feels like riding a bike with no wheel spacers once you hit like 65-70. Mpst likely due to the slightly smaller wheels vs the hawk and the knobbies get some crazy wobbles. I have limited knowledge when it comes to motorcyclr tire sizes, mean but ive been told its the knobbies causing the wobbles, can anyone confirm?
Should i Get a good set of street tires or should i need a whole new wheels to go with new said tires gess it depend son the sizes....

Last edited by CGcloner229; 09-10-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Old 09-04-2022, 11:09 PM   #2

I'm well aware of the wobble, it's why I don't recommend going over 70 on this bike. I'm light and feel it quite a bit.

I do have street tires though and it helped a bit.

I kept my rims, just bought regular tires.

Old 09-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #3

I have a Magician. I needed a knobby on the front, so I replaced the stock tire with a real Knobby. My bike does not get any wobbles even when going full speed with this knobby. Mine won't do 75 gps; tops at about 65 which is 70 on the speedo. You may need to balance your front tire.

2016 Magician 250

Old 09-10-2022, 12:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slithica View Post
I'm well aware of the wobble, it's why I don't recommend going over 70 on this bike. I'm light and feel it quite a bit.

I do have street tires though and it helped a bit.

I kept my rims, just bought regular tires.
Anywya u can link tires u got. I have no clue how to shop for tires, like what will fit on stock rims if i need to ugprade wheels as well maybe get slighty wider wheels but if thy make good street tires tyat fit the stock.rims thtd b awesome!