Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2023, 03:33 PM   #16

Shoot, I'm gonna be selling my KPM200 in a little bit. Perfect for turning into a scrambler. lol.

But, in all seriousness, How often do you plan on going offroad? If you think you'll be hitting the trails more than the street, a more offroad oriented dual sport will be to you liking. If you think you'll be more street, then having a street bike modded to have some offroad capabilities would be better.

Now, If your budget is bigger than what you're suggesting, and what were offering, a CSC RX3 or RX4 will be right up your alley.

Old 01-25-2023, 09:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
I have a KPX and it's a great bike but if I was in your location, I would probably choose the KPM 200. A little lower price (at least from Powersportsmax), lower seat height, even better mileage, and probably more comfortable at higher speeds. I've only gotten to 60 mph once and only for a short distance as it wasn't fun at that speed. And if you really want to spend more time offroad you can make it a scrambler.
I just watched their video a few days ago! I like those guys, and that looks like a cool bike but I ended up springing for the KPX because I wanted something that would be better in dirt than on road. I am really kind of over street riding for a while anyways. I'm told it takes 1-2 weeks to arrive. It is coming from California, and I'm in Florida.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbusa View Post
I just watched their video a few days ago! I like those guys, and that looks like a cool bike but I ended up springing for the KPX because I wanted something that would be better in dirt than on road. I am really kind of over street riding for a while anyways. I'm told it takes 1-2 weeks to arrive. It is coming from California, and I'm in Florida.
Great bike. The KPX is a good build and you will never have to fiddle with fuel/air mixture. The caveat is that you will never be able to, unless tuning or after market EFI mods show up for the KPX. You may notice some lean characteristics. The other issue that you will quickly encounter is the limits of those dual sports tires. That front end is going to wash out on you if you aren't constantly trying to keep the front end under you off road. I took them off my Bashan Storm (very similar tire, or identical). Seriously consider moderately more aggressive dual sport tires like the Kenda K270 or a DOT approved knobby tire. Kenda's Trakmaster II is more aggressive than K270, and a favorite of some folks here. I put a knobby on the front (a Shinko) and a Tusk DSprot Adventure on the back, which is better on the road than it appears due to a flattened area in the center and broader lugs. I could have done Trakmasters since I ride mostly off-road, but the Tusk is much better than I thought off road.

Keep us posted. Congrats