Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2023, 09:40 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrills View Post
So vague just saying it won't start.

- Check the carb has fuel, open drain and verify gas is coming out.

- Pull spark plug and verify there is spark.

Then post the results, good luck!!!
Indeed to everyone, I always do my fine-c, I drained the bowl still wouldn’t start. I finally got it to start last night and was able to ride it last night. Now my problem is the clutch I think. I had the idle set a little high to start it but once it started to heat up, I turned the idle down, possibly not enough. But when I clutched in, it sounded like it wanted to run away, and I was not on the throttle. I’m going to try and reroute some cables I just don’t know the actual spots for them so I tried my best during assembly.
Edit: also made sure I had spark but am putting in ngk today

Old 08-28-2023, 10:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuboi941 View Post
Indeed to everyone, I always do my fine-c, I drained the bowl still wouldn’t start. I finally got it to start last night and was able to ride it last night. Now my problem is the clutch I think. I had the idle set a little high to start it but once it started to heat up, I turned the idle down, possibly not enough. But when I clutched in, it sounded like it wanted to run away, and I was not on the throttle. I’m going to try and reroute some cables I just don’t know the actual spots for them so I tried my best during assembly.
Edit: also made sure I had spark but am putting in ngk today
What did you do to get it to start? I am having the same problem, when I put the stock carb back on the bike started right up. I checked the jets weren’t clogged, I have fuel in the bowl and loosened my throttle free play to make sure the slide was sitting all the way down.

Old 08-29-2023, 06:50 PM   #3

Did it run before this "upgrade"? Spark plug was OK? It ran???

Old 08-31-2023, 11:26 PM   #4

Got it running! After trying to start it so many times the battery was drained so I bought a charger and once it was fully charged I adjusted the carb to run very rich. I figured the increased amount of air draw with the pe28 was causing the bike to run so lean to the point it wouldn’t start. I got it running and adjusted it down. Now my only problem is the bike is idling at almost 6000 rpm’s and the throttle is sticking. I’m pretty sure both issues have to do with the throttle cable coming out of the carb being bent at a 90° angle against the gas tank. I’m going to do what Dan said and put a dent in the bottom of the gas tank to give it more space.