Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #1

good times

well the bike developed a new illness today. this morning I went to start the bike. I pushed the starter button, and all of my electronics quit, horn turnsignals neutral indicator ect. so I whipped out the kickstarter and she fired on the first try.

this is going to be a reoccuring problem I just got home and it is doing the same thing turn on the ignition signals work as well as the rest of the electronics, as soon as I hit the starter button everything turns off.

I was thinking the relay has something to do with the problem because as soon as I hear the relay click, everything shuts down.

any advice?

thanks fellas

Old 06-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #2

sounds like a starter switch problem , whip out the ol- multi meter and start with the ohlms, testing for open and closed wires.

i dont knowww !

could be a wire is grounding somewhere.

my sons bike the starter will just start to ingage while ridding so we've learned to just smack the starter button and it quits till the next time

Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #3

Also could be a case of bad power or ground supply-- i.e. Check the ground wiring from the battery. ALso check the power wire. Could be a bad connection there, So there's enough amps to run the instruments, but when a heavy load as applied-- such as the starter, there's just not enought power there...

--Vince

Old 06-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #4

Is the battery charged all the way. Might be down on power and the starter is just sapping it.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 06-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #5

after my trip lastnight I checked the battery it reads 13.5 volts. as for the wiring... I will be checking that tonight.

I decided to risk it and hit the starter button while I had the bike was running, the lights went dim and there was no classical whine/grind from the starter.

maby the naming of the bike was wrong, she no love me long time 1,400 dollar

Old 06-23-2008, 04:16 PM   #6

so started pulling off electronics and all the connections looked pretty good there was a little melting on the negative terminal and this little guy on the relay.....

the guy back in china put the relays' lock washer on the underside of the contact :roll:

as the pic shows it was only making contact with half the surface.

I am pretty sure that in order for electronics to be 100% functional that the contact needs to make as much surface to surface contact as possiable.

thanks you for the advice fellas,
PS
sorry this image is a monster :oops: I tried to resize it, just didn't work out.
[img][/img]

Old 06-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo
so started pulling off electronics and all the connections looked pretty good there was a little melting on the negative terminal and this little guy on the relay.....

the guy back in china put the relays' lock washer on the underside of the contact :roll:

as the pic shows it was only making contact with half the surface.

I am pretty sure that in order for electronics to be 100% functional that the contact needs to make as much surface to surface contact as possiable.

thanks you for the advice fellas,
PS
sorry this image is a monster :oops: I tried to resize it, just didn't work out.
[img][/img]
yu no breaky rice bowl ita wunt like yu. awsoe

Old 06-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #8

lol yes DD she still love me long time 1,400 dollar.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #9

she so hony, liky liky long time