Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #1

One done, One to go :)

Well I went for a snow filled icey ride, not much fun tryin to balance on an ice coated driveway. The 250 went together easy and was not much loc-tite other than the bolts that hold the plastics, battery and the little do dads. I asked my buddy (hd mech) what all the little red dots were on all the nuts and bolts, he explained it is so whoever is putting the bike together knows which fasteners were torqued to the proper specs., which he said not many manufactueres do that. That was pleasing to find out! He checked a couple using a clymer for his Yamadawg and they seemed to be very close to those specs, so I am gonna just keep an eye on the things I didn't loc-tite, glad it came with tool kit

Cathastrophixs, you were correct, the 250 is really cool, oil tank in the down tube of the frame, which is supposed to help cool the oil. Also has a light to let you know if the side stand is down and a helmet lock. The chain is a normal size o-ring, seems even the welds look like a professional did them, better than the ones on my buddys yamadawg, so far I think it may be a winner and not a weiner.

My daughters bike seems ok, it has a Loncin 125cc on it, with inverted forks, they have a better one frame and suspension wise but it was priced higher, and if she doesn't stay interested it won't hurt the wallet so much. It also seems a little better quality on the frame and welds than I have seen on some others, but time and a good rompin will tell all.

I will try getting pics on soon, once I put it together and put new oil in it, the beer was more important than the pics, &%#** I forgot it said in the manual " Do not drink wine and ride motorcycle " what kinda manual is that?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #2

Glad to hear your bikes are OK, post some pics soon, I'm not a wine drinker so I don't think that warning applies to me, I'll just drink my beer and not ride...(while drinking that is)...

Old 02-18-2007, 09:59 AM   #3

Glad the bikes were ok. Post pictures!
Was it difficult to import them?

Old 02-18-2007, 10:59 AM   #4

It just took a lot of time, and US Customs took almost as long as the trip from China lol but it wasn't all that bad. Just wish I had some earth that wasn't covered with ice and snow to see how it performs. I forgot how bad a bike goes on frozen surfaces

Old 02-19-2007, 02:06 AM   #5

arrrrrrrgggggghhhhh I can not figure out the posting a pic thing, anyone have an easy sugestion for a computer illiterate as myself?[/quote][/code][/list][/list][/url]

Old 02-19-2007, 07:04 AM   #6

The picture needs an online host. I use www.imageshack.us
Free and easy. I always get the direct URL from the list generated when you upload

When you post a picture here click on the IMG tag, then insert the URL, then click Close Tags. It should look like this when you are done.

[IMG]www.yourpicURL.com[/IMG]

Click preview to see your post, if it is OK, click submit.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:19 AM   #7

OB1 is exactly right, I happen to use www.photobucket.com just because I had trouble creating an account with imageshack. It took about 30 min after I created the account before I was able to start uploading and sharing pictures.

Now I just need to figure out how to do a clickable thumbnail image in my posts. Then I will be realy stylin.

For anyone wanting to see my whole album, it is here;
http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/polygonfla/

Old 02-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #8

I am trying LMAO

Old 02-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #9

it worked, thats my daughters bike, she was taking the pictures but didn't get any of mine hmmmmmm...... Here is another one.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #10

Well I think I have it, I will get some of my bike soon.