Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #1

250cc Chinese MX, Trails and Supermotard bikes?

They look very interesting..

http://www.kaxamotos.com/products.php?id=34

Few more years, we will be able to buy a good Chinese MX'er, for half the KTM/Jap brand price.. check out the YZF / CRF250 clones...

Old 07-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #2

It's just a matter time before china bikes dominate the world and relegate the Big 4 to overpriced-exotic category that very few buys.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #3

Dont count the big name bikes out they will just shift gears and have the chinese start building them to their specs and still make out pretty good at both ends of it.

I just wonder when the chinese are going to start actually engineering their own stuff.
That is when they will jump to the front because then they will know the "how and why" of building a bike and not just copying.

They do make some nice looking copies of bikes now but if they cant take the abuse its all for nothing and they dont engineer these at this time apparently but soon I suspect they will.

So yeah to sum up my OPINION the chinese stuff will continue to be substandard until they start to use REAL engineering on these bikes.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #4

the supermoto bike looks wicked cool, but could stand to have an aluminum swingarm i think...and if they are using aluminum for the frame/swingarm, make it shiny! don't paint it black!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #5

I find it strange that the "kaxamotos" "decals" are very obviously photoshopped onto the picture. Look closely at the K on the tank shroud, and the "decal" on the swingarm.

Other than that it looks like a beautiful bike. We have a local dealer that sells the same bike (in blue). Price: $2299 canadian. It truly is the size of a japanese mx bike. It is a lot heavier though (then again, so am I!).

Old 07-12-2008, 10:32 PM   #6

oh wait...this is the bike with the footpeg brackets that look like they're holding part of the frame together...that's probably not safe

Old 07-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGongJitsu
oh wait...this is the bike with the footpeg brackets that look like they're holding part of the frame together...that's probably not safe
Why not? something has got to hold the frame together..might as well be something that could support a rider's weight.

BTW, the black frame doesn't seem painted,looks like anodyzed..

Old 07-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
Dont count the big name bikes out they will just shift gears and have the Chinese start building them to their specs and still make out pretty good at both ends of it.
Well, Honda has been in China since 1982, partnered with Jialing and Sundiro. The Chinese-built Honda Today 50 was a #1 best seller in the Japanese market.

Yamaha has a long term relationship with Chinese manufacturer Loncin, and Suzuki with Qingqi. Kawasaki has Bajaj of India build small bikes for them.

Yeah, I'm sorry we can't get any of these low cost bikes and scoots backed by big four dealer networks here in the USA too.

tcs

Old 07-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #9

I guess the American market don't need economical scoots or bikes, since our gas prices are much lower than the rest of the world.

I'm getting over 90 mpg on my 250cc $1699 Chinese scooter.. and I've put over 2700 miles on the thing since end of March without a problem. I guess I have more faith in Chinese products than most.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #10

uhh $1400 and some change Canadian through my guy.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 07-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #11

they look cool and the liquid cooled motor on the motard looks bad &$$, but the chinese suspension continues to look weak.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #12

Maybe if there is enough interest, we could get a container order from China together.. My thinking that these bikes shouldn't cost more than $2000 a piece if bought directly from China. The website does give info on how many pieces can fill up a container, minimum number of pieces for each model... sort of like a "group-buy"

This bike looks nice, even has turn signals and such, I wonder if it could be street legal:

http://www.kaxamotos.com/productdetail.php?id=73

And a street legal supermotard?

http://www.kaxamotos.com/productdetail.php?id=568