Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #16

Re: pic of brake caliper

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki
here's the pic of MY bike for all you naysayers,
and BTW, I read the DS bike prep thread and did tighten everything I installed on the bike -including loctiting the bolts that attached caliper to front shock
These bolts came attached from the factory - it was my oversight. After my accident I was considering to loctite them but they have some sort of whitish grease on them - I think it's anti-seize. So I'm afraid to loctite them

heres the pic http://picasaweb.google.com/sgudermuth/Skygo
I didn't even notice those bolts are there. I wonder what they're for.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:08 AM   #17

maf119l, I have the Skygo 200GY, which from my understanding is a grey market version of the '06 lifan 200gy-2 , so yeah, I've got a lot of vibrations on it. I'll try and find that post for shoring up the vibrations - I checked all the frame bolts and they were tight - I even took off all of the plastics and covers and front light to eliminate the vibration without much luck. It is feeling better as the miles roll on it though. I'm just getting used to the vibrations though

Old 07-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #18

Quote:
maf119l, I have the Skygo 200GY, which from my understanding is a grey market version of the '06 lifan 200gy-2 , so yeah, I've got a lot of vibrations on it. I'll try and find that post for shoring up the vibrations - I checked all the frame bolts and they were tight - I even took off all of the plastics and covers and front light to eliminate the vibration without much luck. It is feeling better as the miles roll on it though. I'm just getting used to the vibrations though
Some guys have been putting Gorilla Glue on the Engine Mount bolts. They say it is taking out the Vibration, Also Some guys have gotten new engine mount bolts a little bigger than stock and drilled out the holes to the exact same size as the new bolts. This too has taken out the vibs.

Here is Porterz motor mount. It requires welding & Fabrication...

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...008&highlight=

Old 07-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #19

Quote:
The Skygo is NOT a grey market bike, but a legit bike made by Lifan and sold in the USA by non American Lifan dealers. The bike is re-branded Skygo because only American Lifan sells bikes with the Lifan name, but they have all the same parts of an American Lifan bike since they come from the same factory.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 07-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #20

I used to think vibration is normal; but it is not. I rebolted the engine mount bolts; and the bike is now silky smooth--even at 65 MPH.

What are those two bolts for?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #21

definatly replace all the engine bolts with grade eight 3/8 bolts. You won't believe how much of a difference torquing down solid hardware makes. Should only take you about an hour and cost less than $20.00

Old 07-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
The Skygo IS a grey market Lifan.It's being sold by someone else other than American Lifan.Hooper is selling it under the Skygo name to avoid infringing American Lifans trademark.Being a gray market does not make it a bad bike so long as you can registure it.I think everyone who has bought from Hooper has been able to registure theirs so Hoopers seems to be one of the best online sellers.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #23

I will definitely change the engine mount bolts - now that you are all so adamant that it will help with vibration - really the vibes are my only real complaint about the bike. I did take it for a ride today with my girl on the back - about a 60 miler - and I think it's getting better. I noticed it was quite nice at around 7000 rpm and also 4500 8) I was amazed when I stopped for gas and got 1.22 gals to fill up after riding for 128 miles that's 100MPG!!!

dragon , I couldn't tell you what those bolts are for. But I do know that while I'm driving I keep peeking down there to make sure they are not backing out :wink:

Old 07-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #24

whoops! just read that my odo is in kilometers - I guess I'm not getting 100mpg! Oh well, ignorance is BLISS :wink:

Old 07-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #25

I started to do the Gorilla Glue Mod - had a LOT of freeplay in the bolts. I ended up overtorquing the long bolt M10 x 22mm and breaking it. - I ordered a new M10 x 26mm bolt from Fastenal - they're a great resource for anyone needing bolts. $0.57 and it'll be here in 2 days - most folks should have a Fastenal in their nearest city

Old 07-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf119l
The Skygo IS a grey market Lifan.It's being sold by someone else other than American Lifan.Hooper is selling it under the Skygo name to avoid infringing American Lifans trademark.Being a gray market does not make it a bad bike so long as you can registure it.I think everyone who has bought from Hooper has been able to registure theirs so Hoopers seems to be one of the best online sellers.
It is branded Skygo by Lifan China and imported into the USA. It is NOT GREY. There is no scam, no sneaking across the boarder...it is all legit, EPA,DOT,NBA,NFL approved. Hooper has been importing bikes into the USA longer then American Lifan and always doing so legal. To try to brand Hooper's bikes as Grey market is doing so as an attempt to smear, or you don't know what grey market means...

To say Hooper sells grey market Lifan bikes would be the same as saying American Lifan sells grey market Skygo. AL sells LIFAN bikes and Hooper Imports sells Skygo (made by Lifan)....period.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
It is branded Skygo by Lifan China and imported into the USA. It is NOT GREY. There is no scam, no sneaking across the boarder...it is all legit, EPA,DOT,NBA,NFL approved. Hooper has been importing bikes into the USA longer then American Lifan and always doing so legal. To try to brand Hooper's bikes as Grey market is doing so as an attempt to smear, or you don't know what grey market means...

To say Hooper sells grey market Lifan bikes would be the same as saying American Lifan sells grey market Skygo. AL sells LIFAN bikes and Hooper Imports sells Skygo (made by Lifan)....period.
It does not matter how long Hooper has been importing them.The Skygo's ARE gray market because Hooper imports them NOT American Lifan.I have never said Hooper was running any scams,in fact i have recommended him if someone wants to buy online.The gray market Lifans may or may not be spec'ed the same depending on who brought them in.I do believe Hoopers are spec'ed the same as the American Lifans.I am not trying to smear Hooper"s and never have been.I think it was a stupid move to sue Lifan,but that was his choice and i would still recommend him.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:37 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf119l

It does not matter how long Hooper has been importing them.The Skygo's ARE gray market because Hooper imports them NOT American Lifan.I have never said Hooper was running any scams,in fact i have recommended him if someone wants to buy online.The gray market Lifans may or may not be spec'ed the same depending on who brought them in.I do believe Hoopers are spec'ed the same as the American Lifans.I am not trying to smear Hooper"s and never have been.I think it was a stupid move to sue Lifan,but that was his choice and i would still recommend him.
Listen, Hooper sells Skygo, not Lifan. American Lifan sells Lifan bikes..... Hooper does NOT SELL LIFAN, he sells SKYGO. Grey market would be if he were selling Lifan bikes and not be an authorized Lifan dealer. He is an authorized Skygo dealer and he sells Skygo bikes.

Skygo is an authorized brand name and not grey market Lifan. It is very common for companies to manufacture the same items under different names. I happens all the time with automobiles (Mazda/Ford or Chrysler/Dodge, etc).

Maf119, you made the comment that Larry sold Grey bikes and you were not sure if they could be licensed. If that is not a slam to Hooper then I don't know what is and why you feel the need to slam him is beyond me. Just give it a rest.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 07-24-2008, 12:56 AM   #29

I REPEAT..I AM NOT SLAMMING HOOPER AND DONT HAVE A REASON TOO.If you look at my recent post's,i have recommended him.There was a time when i was not sure if his bikes could be registured due to many DMV's getting stricter,but i believe his bike's can be registured in most places without any trouble.Again i repeat..I AM NOT SLAMMING HOOPER'S AND DONT INTEND TO.I believe we have a different definition of "Grey market".

Old 07-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #30

One thing I was a little angry about - I thought I was getting a bike with lifan on the label. The website mentions Lifan only, not Skygo. The Picture of the bike (which is what I was going by) has 'Lifan' clearly on it on both the tank and the side cover says LF200 gy2 . When I got my bike I was very surprised that my bike said SKYGO on the side. 8O
So I wrote Larry at Hooper. He never addressed my question in the email, but answered the other question I had. I actually wanted a GY-6 at first, but saw this one with rear disc brakes so I thought I was getting a better one. I also didn't want to deal with MOTOEXTREME because they wouldn't accept credit cards in a way that would work for me.
Now that I know I got essentially a gy2 I'm ok with it. But don't tell me they weren't trying to confuse me. Take a look at the pictures in their website
the blue bike is the one they advertise your gonna get, where the red bike they clearly state is for color only. I think they could have easily stated something like badging will be SKYGO or something. As soon as I opened up the package I ran to the computer and verified that my bike does NOT have the badging on the picture - so I of course jumped to conclusions and wrote to them. They never addressed that in their reply - but I know they are have legal issues and I have no real quarrel with them. Here's a picture ofmy bike's badges - you decide. Miki
my bike