Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #1

American Lifan out of LF200GY-5 bikes..

I ordered a new American Lifan LF200GY-5 from Brian at MOTO Xtreme last week and was expecting it to arrive in a few days. Today I received a refund notice for the payment I made to him from PayPal, together with the following note from Brian:

"It is with deep regret that I must refund the payment made for the bike ordered. American Lifan has sold out of this bike and the next shipment is over 1 month away. Please check back at that time if you are still interested. Thank You"

So, American Lifan is temporarily out of GY5 bikes, and they won't have any more available for a few weeks at best..

Old 07-22-2008, 10:22 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
I imagine all the suppliers are running short due to the quake,new emmision requirements and high demand.Noticed the prices are going up on the one's that are available too.Probably a good time to sell if you had an old one and wanted to upgrade.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #3

It's probably the state of the economy...High fuel cost+low bike cost+extrmely good fuel economy=Lifan to the negative power!! 8O

I would wait for a new one because American Lifan has a quality warranty program. They seem very eager to make up for the various Chinese motorcycle shortcomings. Infact, I like Lifan's warranty better than Harley-Davidson's

Go Figure,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #4

Yea, I'm sure there are all kinds or reasons that AL has run out of GY5's, and all of them are probably good reasons. Hopefully the China office has things in hand and will soon be shipping new bikes!

It kinda sucks when you've paid the toll and are waiting for a shipment to arrive to learn that American Lifan is out of bikes to ship. Getting money back is one thing, ..but it's not what I'd hoped for! However I'll be patient and wait for new bikes to arrive, ..'cause what else is there to do? ..Buy a new super high dollar Honda dual sport?!! ..NOT!

Old 07-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #5

American Lifan shipped Dave's Deals on Wheels some GY5's, but they are selling for $2,200.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 07-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #6

Re: American Lifan out of LF200GY-5 bikes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az4x4Taco
"It is with deep regret that I must refund the payment made for the bike ordered..."
You know, most of the folks in the business would have just kept your money until a bike came in.

tcs

Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #7

Re: American Lifan out of LF200GY-5 bikes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs
..You know, most of the folks in the business would have just kept your money until a bike came in.
That certainly appears to be true in many cases. That's why I did my homework in selecting a motorcycle company, a dealer network, and an individual dealer to work with. ChinaRiders' forums have been invaluable in sorting these things out, and the consensus here appears to be solidly in favor of Lifan motorcycles and the American Lifan dealer network. Brian at MOTO Xtreme is clearly the most often mentioned AL dealer in a positive sense, and he certainly has my vote!