Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #1

Chinabike discrimination? Or something else?

I had an odd thing happen at the gym a month or so ago. I was working out and one of my friends came in a said he had picked my "new" bike up and the mirror was broken. I went out and checked everything out and found a couple of scratches elsewhere from the fall [right side]. I immediately concluded that this was an accident and someone had bumped it with a car maybe. I then started looking around to see what cars I remember being there when I got there and they were all the same. So, I then realized that someone intentionally pushed it over. Well, long story short I removed the broken mirror frame and said "I can't prove anything, so I'll just assume this is a random happening cause this world is full of unhappy people that would like nothing more than to see me unhappy about something".

So yesterday, I'm leaving the gym and notice my bike is leaning a lot. I take a closer look and someone has tried to push it over on the kickstand side this time. Of course the kickstand did it's job but they were leaning on it so hard they had the handlebars out of alignment with the front wheel and the kickstand was bent to the point that it was almost pointing forward. I went ahead and drove it home and both were a relatively easy fix.

However, I decided to take a moment and put a sticker on it.

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...serialNumber=2

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 08-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #2

There's nothing like having saints and apostles in your corner!

A few years back I had to replace 7 tires on two vehicles in one week!

Sometimes some people think that a particular parking space is theirs alone, and they will defend their territory.

Goog Luck,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #3

I'd go the the gym and park in the same place tomorrow, but I wouldn't be there to lift weights. But I might just get a workout anyway:evil:

Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #4

man that sucks.

probably some guy who is bitter that you are so good with a wrench

Old 08-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #5

Now someboby else is going to push it over for sure!
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 08-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #6

I would definately go on a "stake out". 6-7 years back, had some stupid lot kid back a customer's vehicle into my Vstar 650. Did $800 damage to the customer's rear bumper and $1100 to my bike ($900 or so just being the fender). Pushed it back 2 feet (big scrape on the pavement from kickstand), bent the kickstand and bracket, flattened the front fender and twisted the alignment a little. Then the little puke denied doing it. Some mother's children, eh? :wink:

Old 08-09-2008, 03:39 AM   #7

Some parking lots have survellance cameras. Are there any?

A solution is to park your bike on the sidewalk, right next to the door of the gym, in a high traffic area.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #8

Nice! Hopefully they get the message.

True Story:

Some years back my father had a small trucking company. About three 1-3 ton single-axle straight trucks (Fords, International, GMC) for doing local deliveries for a warehouse in West Side Saint John NB.

The local hoodlums made a sport of breaking the signal lights/tail lights out of the trucks after they finished smoking/drinking in the back of the trucks. These were expensive to replace at the time and it was straight out of Dad's pocket. The local police would/could do nothing about it since all the kids were underage and they would just deliver them to their parents, who could care less.

Dad was fed-up. One night he and my older brother embarked on a stake-out. They hid in the cab of one of the trucks and waited. Eventually some of the neighbourhood punks arrived for a night of drunken revelry. As soon as they climbed into the back of the truck Dad rushed over and closed the door and latched it.

Now if you've ever been in the back of these type of trucks they're not meant for human occupation. No handholds, footholds, or seating of any kind; they're a plywood and steel box with no windows.

What do you do when you have a truckload of hoodlums virtually immune to criminal prosecution? You take them for a ride! That's right, Dad showed them every railway crossing, dirt road, and pothole in the greater Saint John area. A trip to the Police station that would normally take 10 minutes grew into an hour. On arrival, when the Police opened the back of the truck the defendants rolled out onto the ground shrieking that some crazy dude was trying to kill them.

When cops stopped laughing they were taken on another ride - back to their parents. I'm sure a cruiser ride never seemed so sweet.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 08-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #9

that is so awsome! I wished there was a camera waiting for them after they got your dads luxery treatment

Old 08-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Nice! Hopefully they get the message.

True Story:

Some years back my father had a small trucking company. About three 1-3 ton single-axle straight trucks (Fords, International, GMC) for doing local deliveries for a warehouse in West Side Saint John NB.

The local hoodlums made a sport of breaking the signal lights/tail lights out of the trucks after they finished smoking/drinking in the back of the trucks. These were expensive to replace at the time and it was straight out of Dad's pocket. The local police would/could do nothing about it since all the kids were underage and they would just deliver them to their parents, who could care less.

Dad was fed-up. One night he and my older brother embarked on a stake-out. They hid in the cab of one of the trucks and waited. Eventually some of the neighbourhood punks arrived for a night of drunken revelry. As soon as they climbed into the back of the truck Dad rushed over and closed the door and latched it.

Now if you've ever been in the back of these type of trucks they're not meant for human occupation. No handholds, footholds, or seating of any kind; they're a plywood and steel box with no windows.

What do you do when you have a truckload of hoodlums virtually immune to criminal prosecution? You take them for a ride! That's right, Dad showed them every railway crossing, dirt road, and pothole in the greater Saint John area. A trip to the Police station that would normally take 10 minutes grew into an hour. On arrival, when the Police opened the back of the truck the defendants rolled out onto the ground shrieking that some crazy dude was trying to kill them.

When cops stopped laughing they were taken on another ride - back to their parents. I'm sure a cruiser ride never seemed so sweet.
Wish I were there to see it. Too funny.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:08 AM   #11

i can remember doing some not so intelligent stuff in my teens, but i'd never destroy property or trespass even

actually there were some 16 or 17 year old smoker/drinker punks who came and knocked on our windows of our house trying to scare us shortly after the fourth of july this year

luckily for them the laws in ohio don't allow someone to beat the crap out of/shoot people for trespassing...but if they'd broken into the house in a threatening manner, that's a whole nother story

it boggles my mind how people act sometime :roll:

Old 08-10-2008, 05:09 AM   #12

Need to change the sticker to say BIKE.. But this might be a deterrent. I really dislike vandalism... messing with other peoples stuff is over the line big time.
Unfortunately Ohio's carry conceal law does not cover defending property (unless life or serious injury is possible)

I always liked this one.

I also think you should do a stake out, or check for security cameras nearby.

Ken

Old 08-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #13

Fatboy250,very good Idea with the sticker.I'm not a betting man,but if that sticker dosnt make someone think twice what will? :wink:

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #14

Hey guys,
Thanks for the encouraging replys and stories. It's all going to be alright though. It would have been interesting to have seen someone doing it[no cameras], but it's likely that would have gotten me into a lot of trouble because my initial reaction probably would not have been to pray for them. :roll:

I haven't been back to the gym yet, but I'll go today and try to park it in or near the same place. Hopefully, he/they will notice the sticker this time around. Unfortunately [and fortunately], I have no known enemies so I have no clue who or why someone would do this. Either way I'm really not going to let their actions steal my joy.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 08-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #15

Just strap an empty holster to the tank.