Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #16

I just called C & S Cycle in Richmond about the mirror issue, he said it depends on who you get for a provincial inspection as to weather you need 1 or 2 mirrors. Left side is mandatory - for sure. Do you need an inspection, or has this bike been insured before? If it's already been on the road, don't worry about it. Just take your papers and get it insured. If you need an inspection, put both sides on just to be safe. :wink:

Old 09-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #17

it's been insured before, so i guess it should be good to go!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #18

Well then my friend, you're laughing. Hope you get a good price, keep us up2date

Old 09-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #19

ok, some more updates.

here is a list with photos of some of the issues with the bike.

1) heat shield missing

probably not a big deal, what do you guys think?

2) right rear quarter panel busted

again, i'm not too concerned

3) crack in the housing/cover
"...notice the one in the center as well as the irregular edge over the chain."

now i'm not sure what this is, nor can i even see it for that matter, input on this matter would be greatly appreciated. she says it happened 3+ months ago, with no issues since.

thanks for help!

Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #20

Heat shield and plastic - no big deal. That looks like the chain cover cracked. Shouldn't be an issue but i'd certainly look into replacing it. :wink:
:roll: Wonder what she's riding now? :roll: poor bike... :wink:

Old 09-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #21

Seeing as the bike looks like trash (no offense) I would definitely negotiate on the price... You should be able to find some replacement pieces... a heat shield is no issue, the side cover shouldn't be a problem (guessing), and the cover on the case I don't know, you'd need one that fit that motor... I've seen a few companies selling this style bike, you should check with x-rage to see if they can get you the pieces (assuming that this was a one time import setup and you have no distributor?)...

Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #22

thanks guys. she bought an older suzuki 350 or something, she says she wanted to have some more power/top speed for longer road hauls.
apparently they've ordered parts froma lifan dealer with no problems other than the wait for them to arrive. and apparently her spec sheet on her papers lists the motor as 249.5cc. but who really knows for sure. thanks again, i'm thinking about a fair "as is" price.

cheers

Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #23

Well I should pitch in since this is my bike.
We bought this bike new. There is some damage as seen by the pictures but by no means has this bike been abused. Ridden by a new rider but not shit-kicked or ridden hard by any means.
The quarter panel breakage was a slow speed tip onto a log on my FIRST bike ride. The chain came off when the master link was not put on proper after the sprocket change. Needed a new master link. Bike didn't come with racks and is street legal and has been ridden on the road up untill 2 weeks ago.

Anyways, all the parts are replaceable and were offered as part of the package to be replaced (except the quarter, it's on order). We have another one of these bikes so would swap it over easy enough.

So if anyone is interested in this bike, send me a pm. Open to offers.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #24

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Well, there we go.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 09-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #25

thanks to pittiepride for being honest and forthcoming with info on this bike! she and her husband have been great to deal with.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #26

For comparison sake, X-Rage (which I can't vouch for, I don't know how they are as a company, but I've heard they were booted out of the bike show, they also set up outside the bike show one year and I believe the police had them leave), but anyways, they have a similar bike, http://x-rage.ca/DirtBikes.html click on the lifan style 250-6... in crate $1999... I personally prefer to deal with coast to coast, but they dont have any instock, but you are negotiating on a used bike anyways....

Old 09-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #27

pittipride, your chain could use some oil. Not that the chain matters as much as the overall maintainance of the bike, of which, the chain is a part??? :oops:

On the other hand, "A plated chinabike saves a lot of headaches in Canada, ask my wife.

Welcome to both of you
Hope you hammer something out.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsdude
I just called C & S Cycle in Richmond about the mirror issue, he said it depends on who you get for a provincial inspection as to weather you need 1 or 2 mirrors. Left side is mandatory - for sure. Do you need an inspection, or has this bike been insured before? If it's already been on the road, don't worry about it. Just take your papers and get it insured. If you need an inspection, put both sides on just to be safe. :wink:
Still got to get the safety cert. New or used. It's $45. It's mainly lights, tire treads and can it be driven in and out of the shop. For $45 the shop at the top of my street will certify a toaster on a skateboard.

Only the Left mirror is manditory, and it doesn't matter if it's from a Ford Pinto as long as it works.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsdude
Still got to get the safety cert. New or used. It's $45. It's mainly lights, tire treads and can it be driven in and out of the shop. For $45 the shop at the top of my street will certify a toaster on a skateboard.

Only the Left mirror is manditory, and it doesn't matter if it's from a Ford Pinto as long as it works.
I think this varies province to province, when I bought my GY6 from Coast to Coast, I was told by ICBC I could register right away (I had it inspected at the wishes of coast to coast however), I think in BC it may not be a problem, or maybe it was because mine was registered as a lifan, I don't know...

Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #30

In Beautiful British Columbia, the best place on earth, safety certification on an "out of province" vehicle only need to be done once. This bike has already been plated, so it shouldn't have to be re-certified. $45 bucks is a helluva deal though, guys around here are $100 - 150 range for an inspection. :roll:
Hope you two can hammer out a deal!