Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #31

You must be looking in the wrong places, I think you can have a commercial truck inspected for that much...

Old 09-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
You must be looking in the wrong places, I think you can have a commercial truck inspected for that much...
8O Well Jim, I wish I was... (by the way, we charge between $130 & $300... depends on the size of the truck... $200 for a dumptruck) I have talked to Daytona Cycle, Steve the Bike Wrench, Pacific Motorsports and C & S Cycle and for a new vehicle provincial (out of province) inspection they're all around 120-150. I've heard through the grapevine that there's a guy in Abbotsford or Aldergrove (one of those A's) that does them for $75 but I haven't been able to locate him... yet... :roll: No rush, bike in pieces :oops: and winter coming... :twisted: BUT if you hear of anyone in the lower mainland thats cheaper, please let me know. :wink:

Old 09-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #33

Now that you mention it I think I do recall it being 200(I was thinking of a single truck)... Where do you work? I think my bike was about 75, let me go find the invoice...

Edit: Ok, yeah it was Clark hill Motors in Port Moody, it was about $62 after taxes.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #34

There's no problems insuring this bike, it is legal and simply transfer papers to the insurance center and you are ready to go.

Chain is usually oiled weekly, my last ride was a dirt one and I just did a good wash, so yes the chain should be checked/oiled before the next use. It's been sitting a few weeks now

So the cost new is $2099 plus delivery $200, plus taxes, another $150, then whatever the cost to get inspection/plated. So almost close to $2500.

If the budget was $2000-$2500 go buy a new one. I would. $1700 is not a bad price for a 4 month old bike, even with the minor (repairable) damage. It's all in the needs and comfort level of the buyer. I'm sure the right buyer will come along in due time.

kk

Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 AM   #35

When i sold my chinabike I didn't ask much. Only 1 person called. He bought it. Done deal. Good luck to both members.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #36

I bought my gy5 for $2500 plus tax, and sold it for $1500 :S

Old 09-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Now that you mention it I think I do recall it being 200(I was thinking of a single truck)... Where do you work? I think my bike was about 75, let me go find the invoice...

Edit: Ok, yeah it was Clark hill Motors in Port Moody, it was about $62 after taxes.
8O Thanks Jim. When I get mine together, i'll look 'em up :wink: That's a good price. I'm @ Dams Ford Sterling on 104th in Surrey :wink:

pittipride - just for $$ comparison ONLY (not trying to start a fight or debate) :roll: I bought my Saga 250 second hand BUT brand new - still in the crate - still haven't put it together - for $1700 :wink:

Old 09-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #38

pittpride, sorry I was mentioning my prices for comparisons only, I think if the replacement parts are included it sounds like a good deal...

Partsdude, ahh ok, I was thinking maybe you were at detroit deisel in port kells... Let me know if you need the phone number for that inspection place...

Old 09-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #39

No offense taken! You need to shop around and see what things are going for, otherwise...who knows right? Well we all need what we need out of something when we sell it, if I ask too much then I am S>O>L and end up with a bike I don't ride and no money out of it, or I negotiate with the right person and we both get a good deal.

The problem is the fact that they can be bought for a good price new but require more effort on the buyers part to gain that savings. The first 2 bikes were put together by a mechanic and my husband took them a full afternoon/evening. The next two took two of them about 4 hours. That's where the savings come, if you want to put it together yourself and do all the little things or you want to maybe spend a little more and ride it away. So we have this one we bought assembled and another one that we are keeping that we assembled ourselves. Therein, we paid more for the assembled bike thus we are trying to get more for it.

I recently sold the exact same bike with NO damage for $900 BUT it was not legal, I had no papers, import papers, NVIS or anything for it so was not insurable. Perhaps $1900 is a bit high but can't hurt to start out with.

kara

Old 09-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #40

UPDATE:

i bought a 1991 XR250L, good strong bike, got a great deal on her, and just needs a new turn signal and rear brake light wire to be street legal again. thanks to everyone for their help, and i am definitley NOT ruling out china bikes. perhaps my girlfriend could use a little 250 enduro... :wink:

Old 09-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #41

Sold this bike yesterday to a very happy young rider and his dad. Final price $1650.

See ya'll around.

Kara

Old 09-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #42

Good deal.

Allen

Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #43

Now that it's all done I got $800 for my 150cc, and I bought it for $1499ish. It was worth more than I got, but I don't think I would have got what it was worth. I needed the $$$$ to get the Honda on the road. Like I said, done deal.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #44

Good to hear it worked out for you pittpride, hopefully you sent the new member over to this site

Are you still riding the other one or did you sell it too?

Old 09-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #45

We still have the other gy250 that we don't have papers for, it's pretty beat up. My husband is pretty hard on it but we've had no problems. We'll keep that one and perhaps pick up a small offroad china bike next year for me. I want something small that I can really throw around and get comfortable with on singletrack type trails.

Will def tell the guy about this site. They were totally stoked after taking her for a ride and grinning from ear to ear, lol. Nice to see.

kara