Old 10-05-2008, 11:57 PM   #121

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
OK, I fixed my HSUN 200GY!

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...2_itemId=10104

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...2_itemId=10109

The best mod so far! This thing is a rocket now! :twisted:
Blasphemy!!!!!, LOL. Looks like a nice bike.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:16 AM   #122

Makes me want to don the ol' Evil Knievel hat :wink:

Let us know your regrets! LOL

Be safe,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #123

HI .. I have one of these bikes .. so far so good, im just halfway through changing the sprockets from 17 - 56 to 17 - 42

im a newb .. the rear wheel axle doesnt have any lube on it .. should it be lubricated before i put it back together ?

Many Thanks !

Old 10-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #124

Nice machine, one of my favourites for sure.Im sure the KLR will meet your expectations.....hopefully you get some good cash for your HSUN TOO......cheers!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
Nice machine, one of my favourites for sure. I'm sure the KLR will meet your expectations.....hopefully you get some good cash for your HSUN TOO......cheers!
I'm not sure if I'm done with the Chinabike yet. For sure I'm not done with this forum and you guys. I like it here.
My brother In-law is pawing over the idea of taking it on. If he does bite, I will be posting a s usual, because I don't think he can turn a wrench.

I keep getting told the KLR is "heavy", but it can't be that much more... is it? I know the power is exhilarating!

and lastly, yes, I am a rampant blasphemer!
No religion here, just pure science and reason.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombietuesday
HI .. I have one of these bikes .. so far so good, im just halfway through changing the sprockets from 17 - 56 to 17 - 42

im a newb .. the rear wheel axle doesnt have any lube on it .. should it be lubricated before i put it back together ?

Many Thanks !
It is always good to grease/lube any moving parts. I would focus on bearings and spacers but like I and many on here, lubricate everything.

-Cory

Old 10-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #127

cool thanks

Old 10-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #128

actually .. best thing to use ?

axle grease?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #129

OK, for real this time... I fixed my Chinabike. Well, mostly.
Since I picked up my KLR650, I have convinced my brother-inlaw to take on the HSUN 200GY. I will retain ownership and he will come in under my insurance. That saves a ton of cash.

So the fixes so far are a follows.
These are the latest round I mean, not a cumulative total.

New stainless steel swing arm bolt with lock nut and two washers. I will drill a small hole through the end after the nut and put a cotter pin in it just to be sure. We had to drill out the bushing to get the 1/2" x 9" bolt to fit. Thanks for that suggestion katoranger.
We greased it before insertion but will pump in through the hard to reach nipple soon.

Reinforced all the plastic side panels and rear fender holes with epoxy and carbon fibre fabric. This worked very well to repair the fractures and the destroyed holes for the panel bolts.

Re-attached both the rear panel mounting flanges that hold on the side panels and the rear carrier and the rear fender. Use epoxy and carbon fibre strips which wrap around the flange and frame twice. Even if they break, they will still be held in place.

New throttle tube/grip and associated starter switch clamp/mount. We didn't use the new clamp as it fit into the old one, but the new throttle allows for 1/4" more roll in the throttle. We will need to see if that redlines the engine. If it does we will need to put in a shim to prevent it from rolling too far.

Can't seem to find a speedo cable yet so we will install a digital bicycle one I picked up a couple of weeks ago for $15.00 until we get that.

The ripped muffler has been "repaired". I put two large hose clamps around it and included an 6" galvanized nail in the right spot to provide structural support to the bracket. I then used the putty in the muffler repair kit I bought at Canadian Tire and cut the supplied screen to reinforce and seal the tears next to the bracket. Then I wrapped the clamps with the muffler bandage just because.
Painted it all black with high temp barbecue paint after I ran the bike for 30 minute to cook the putty and set the tape. I think it should be fine for a while.

Added a spring to the clutch lever at the engine to pull it back completely.

We will need to cut down the seat so he can touch the ground while sitting. He is a little vertically challenged.

I will add the pics later on.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 10-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #130

Have been thinking of reinforcing all my plastics with carbon fibre as well. Just need to find a kit. :wink:

My speedo drive just died- had been slipping for a few days. Hope it's just the metal tabs being bent out and not engaging the hub. For while, while it was starting to slip a little it was reading the same as the cyclocomputer.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #131

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
My speedo did the same thing, I just pulled the cable loose at the hub, greased it and put it back making sure the tab aligned with the slot in the hub, no problems since ( other than it reading 4 miles per hour slow).

Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #132

Think when putting the bike together initially that the tabs that engage the hub weren't lined up properly. They were bent down pretty bad. Took it all apart and washed the parts, straightened out the tabs nicely and regreased everything.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #133

Let us know how the 1/2" bolt with the drilled bushings works out.

Allen

Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #134

The drilled out bushing was definitely the way to go. It did take two people to do it because we had to keep the parts in line.
The bolt is working well.

I removed the spring I had added to the clutch lever at the engine. It seems that the bracket the cable mounts on at the engine was bent out of alignment since day one. I straightened it and it seems to work fine now. Just need to tweak it ever so slightly to get it shifting just right.

I put the bike together completely today and took it for a spin. It feels good. Less vibes with that new bolt in the exhaust. I found there was bolt missing behind the header/muffer pipes come together.There was never a bolt in there from assembly.
The rear rack feels tight and sturdy with the carbon fibre reinforcing. Pizzarider, you need to do that one.
The carbon fibre reinforced plastic is all good as well.
The modded seat is installed as well. My brother-inlaw cut it down with a sharp knife then I shaped it smooth and equal on each side with my grinder using an abrasive disk. I stapled the seat cover on then re-installed the Wal-Mart seat cover I had before. I needed to put the cover on because with the amount removed, the stock vinyl cover didn't fit well. My set up worked well. There is a lot of reduction in height. My wife sits on it very comfortably and I’m flat footed on it now. (6'1", 32" inseam)

I can't get the magnet that came with the bicycle speedo to mount on the spoke. Its slot is too narrow. I dremeled it wider and left enough of the thread for the screw to be used to hold it on, but it is still too narrow. I will fully dremel it and JB Weld it on. We will need to get a new speedo cable from somewhere for the stocker to be used again.

I'm going to find some 5/8" white boating rope to jam into the handle bars to dampen the vibes there. I will do that on my KLR650 as well. Heard good reports on that method.

All it needs now is 15 more horsepower! Oh wait, that would likely twist it up like a pretzel!

Old 11-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #135

"The rear rack feels tight and sturdy with the carbon fibre reinforcing. Pizzarider, you need to do that one."

Thanks! Good looking out!